X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Mego at Toy Fair 1980

This photo is courtesy of our friends at Heroes West Coast and used with permission. This is a wonderful piece of Mego history as we get a glimpse into the pageantry Mego created for every Toy Fair. This scene is in the Superheroes section of the booth and pictured by left to right are Sol…

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

That's really cool. I see a KISS sign in the background. I'm surprised Mego still would have been pushing KISS by 1980. Their popularity had really waned at that point.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

KISS was featured in the 1980 catalog, it is the last time they were. It's definitely the end of the line.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I guess Sol Harrison was still DC publisher at the time. I know eventually Jenette Khan became both publisher as well as president.

Is that Batman costume the same one from the "Bugs Bunny Meets the Super Heroes" show? If so, I'm guessing WW is as well.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎