X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by ODBJBG
    You guys are nuts. The updated CG FX look great. Most are seamless and the ones with very minor issues, certainly look better than most of the bad effect shots they were replacing. The blinking on the Gorn is the ONLY thing that looks real, lol.
    I'm with you on that the effects are great and I heard the latest Blu-ray has both versions the originals and special effects edition. So it's not like they are revising History.
    Now Star Wars is a different story since the additions are out of place, don't match continuity, the originals are unavailable, and in the case of ROTJ they replaced the original Anakin Skywalker entirety. I mean c'mon why would his spirit be the 20 year old version of him?

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
      I'm with you on that the effects are great and I heard the latest Blu-ray has both versions the originals and special effects edition.

My Star Trek Blu-ray set has the same option...I can toggle between the original FX or the new CGI. I'm also a fan of the updated CGI effects in Star Wars IV: A New Hope. I think it really needed it, but again I also own both versions. The only thing I didn't like was one change....Han SHOT first DAMMIT!! LOL!
      sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 23, 2013

I know engineers, they love to change things.

And for a long time, they were changing Star Wars. Just like in the theatrical release of Attack of the Clones, Anakin has a very large robotic arm, then on DVD it was mostly covered up with clothing and mainly just showed his hand.

Some movie changes have been originally filmed as alternate versions of different scenes, and they just use the existing footage for the home version, which seems more acceptable.

Legend is known for it's radically different two DVD versions.

I Am Legend has an alternate ending, and not just in deleted scenes, which is nice.

Even the Blu-ray of Conquest of the Planet of the Apes has 2 full versions of the movie to watch now, which is pretty awesome! Also, original footage was used. I guess it's mostly the audio track is different, but still pretty cool, since it was talked about for years.

I notice several changes from theater to home video in movies. Then there are the censored TV versions. It's like a weird and twisted Alternate Universe out there. A lot of re-written history.

Perhaps the new Alt-World jumping off point began with that one shark scene in Thunderball where Connery says two different lines of dialogue in at least 2 versions of Thunderball, ha!,ha!

Then there was the full screen changes effect, like when in Star Wars - Luke can see one of the SandPeople through his binoculars and the audience can not see them in the distance, beside the Bantha.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎