Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mcfarlane Star Trek Kirk and Picard figures revealed.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Anyone remember Woodward as Shotgun Gibbs on the Life and Ledgend of Wyatt Earp? reruns are still being shown
    on the encore westerns channel, and he's younger than the character he plays.

I think the McFarlane Kirk and Picard are pretty good, although Picard is s better likeness then Kirk, it's going to have to be a pass for me.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by palitoy
      You know, it seems hard these days to sell anything but Kirk, Picard, Spock etc. It's too bad really because there are a lot of cool characters I'd like to see (especially in Mego format) but those days may be gone.
      We will be lucky if they get to McCoy let alone Van Gelder
      Last edited by Mr.Marion; Jul 19, '17, 3:43 PM.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Sure looks like him to me.

I think you guys need to get your eyes checked...LOL

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by enyawd72
          Sure looks like him to me.

I think you guys need to get your eyes checked...LOL
          oh don't get me wrong, I know who it's supposed to be and it's not a disaster and wow, I've seen worse. Just something is a little....off.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• melstapler
            Museum Super Collector
            • Aug 2, 2014

It's a shame McFarlane went this direction with their terrible articulation. These figures are nothing more than glorified statues. To make matters worse, the realism of flesh-colored plastic is absent. There are plenty of better statues of Kirk and Picard which have been released by other brands.

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by melstapler
              It's a shame McFarlane went this direction with their terrible articulation. These figures are nothing more than glorified statues. To make matters worse, the realism of flesh-colored plastic is absent. There are plenty of better statues of Kirk and Picard which have been released by other brands.
              What are you talking about? The new figures have 22 points of articulation that's all nicely hidden by the sculpt. Ball jointed neck, fully rotating/outward swivel shoulders, up & down/side swivel elbows, rotating wrists, forward/side swivel hips, rotating waist, single pin knees, back and forth/side to side rocker ankles. Sounds pretty far from terrible to me.

Comment

• spockoda
                Museum Super Collector
                • Jan 14, 2018

I will probably buy if I can, hope they make other classic Trek characters besides just Kirk and Spock.

Comment

• spockoda
                  Museum Super Collector
                  • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
                  I'll wait until they get to Van Gelder complete with neural..neural.. neutralizerrrr
                  You may have a long wait!

Comment

• spockoda
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                    So Star Trek is probably my favorite universe, but these will be a reluctant pass for me. I've already invested in the Mezco and Qmx lines, not to mention Mego and EMCE. Oh and those boxes of Playmates toys in my basement that taunt me. I just can't see adding in another series of fairly mediocre depictions of the same guys.

Having said that, I hope the line does well and I'll likely end up with a Spock or something, but they'll have to succeed without my $ this time.
                    Yeah, even with the Diamond Select/Art Asylum stuff I was getting burned out on just Kirk and Spock being made all the time. I know it was a money thing as other assortments with different characters were announced but always cancelled. I will probably try to collect these, for as long as it may last.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎