Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP George Romero

Images
    How many people can say they created an entire subgenre of horror movies. He made several true classic horror movies. RIP Mr. Romero.

Love the original Dead trilogy, Martin, and Knightriders.

RIP.

Martin is such a great movie. I hope it gets a decent Blu Ray release now. It's been decades since I saw it.

Gonna watch Dawn this week for sure.
    WH--? Where in blazes are we, Wall Crawler?

Crap, this one really hurts. I was a huge fan since I first saw Dawn of the Dead when I was a teen and it blew my mind. I'm glad I had a chance to meet him (and attend a talk he gave) at a con around 10 years ago, I talked to him for a bit, really nice guy, and got him to sign my DOTD script. This sucks...

Remember watching NOTLD on PBS in the 70s on a weekend afternoon, and being forever scarred. Night of the Living Dead was absolute brilliance.

Images
    For some reason, I almost always forget Romero directed Creepshow, which I love. My pal Rob Kelly wrote a nice article about it and Romero over on 13th Dimension:

http://13thdimension.com/creepshow-a...ter-to-comics/

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    I always thought Knightriders was under rated.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Blog Entries
    My wife and I watched NOTLD a couple of weeks ago, the only version I could find on my Roku was hosted by Elvira. Normally I adore her but she was annoying us this round. My wife asked if she's always this bad and I think my reply was " Normally the movie isn't this good, she's got nothing to work with here."

Watching Day today since it's always been my least favorite of the original trilogy. Giving it another shot since I've watched the others so many times already.
    WH--? Where in blazes are we, Wall Crawler?

On the day of his death, I decided Knightriders would be a good watch. Hadn't seen it in ages. I'd highly recommend it. I believe it may be Romero's most personal story, with themes of putting on shows with friends, and resisting the urge to sell out to moneymen. The Ed Harriss character IS George, bucking the system, and fighting to preserve his artistic code.

[spoilers]

The ending, with Savini crying at the funeral... really got me. For a movie with a bit of a silly premise, this film is almost autobiographical. Plus, it's loaded with a who's who of Romero regulars. Just about every secondary character from Creepshow (his next production) is in the film.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!