Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McGregor is a disgrace to the sport of boxing and yet the epitomy of it.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

McGregor is a disgrace to the sport of boxing and yet the epitomy of it.

McGregor comes in and baits a 49-0 boxer into taking him on in his boxing debut. Mayweather coming off a 2 year layoff. The sh** talk is on another level on McGregor's stand point, disrespectful, but hell I didn't want to tough this fight and now I might buy it. Mayweather probably isn't a top 5 fighter in boxing anymore, but I wouldn't have any doubts of him winning the fight 120-105 (12 rounds to 0, 2 knockdowns, 1 point deduction). It'll be a boring fight that doesn't live up to the hype and that will drive people away from boxing.

It goes to show that when there's enough money involved anything is possible.
  • EmergencyIan
    Museum Paramedic
    • Aug 31, 2005

Too bad that Mayweather is even a much worse person. I guess this is a good example of why I don't follow boxing, anymore. There has not been anyone decent to root for in decades.

I couldn't care less about the fight and I don't care anything about McGregor, but Mayweather should still be incarcerated. Frankly, I'm quite uncomfortable in regard to how much his crimes are, currently, being swept aside in order to promote this fight. His crimes are well documented; most of them violent and many of them committed against women.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

I agree Ian.
      It's a travesty that both fighters are going to net 100 million+ each for this farce. As far as the trash talking, and disrespect? It's all an act to drive sales of the PPV and put more money in their pockets. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Two clowns fighting each other...I hope they both knock each other out. Having said that, almost impossible for an non-pro 0-0 amateur in boxing going against arguably one of the best defensive boxers of all times...I don't think McGregor is going to win a round.

It's like a hockey player going into football...and vice versa...two different sports.

The real boxing match is a month later, Triple G vs Canelo Alvarez, now that's going to bring in real fireworks...two of the very best in boxing going at it...
        sigpic

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

They have no class me both are trashy me crude which is why both men have so many followers. We live in a world where the cruder and more ignorant it is, the more popular. Class is a dying art.
          I'll take Frazier, Leonard or Holyfield any day of the week.
          This is a boxing fight being sold to people who aren't boxing fans because the real fans know it's just a money grab. Just a circus.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            They have no class me both are trashy me crude which is why both men have so many followers. We live in a world where the cruder and more ignorant it is, the more popular. Class is a dying art.
            I agree.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• great_chandel
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2, 2015

I still like boxing as long as Don King is NOT involved in any capacity of the match!

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Don King is really old now, he's pretty much in the back burner. Bob Arum (another crook) and Golden Boy Promotions dominate the business now...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Dana White, the MMA equivalent of Don King...probably an even bigger crook...as he pays his fighters peanuts...even his box office draws like McGregor. Why you think McGregor is going to box Mayweather? That's where the serious money is at...
                  sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
                    Two clowns fighting each other...I hope they both knock each other out. Having said that, almost impossible for an non-pro 0-0 amateur in boxing going against arguably one of the best defensive boxers of all times...I don't think McGregor is going to win a round.

It's like a hockey player going into football...and vice versa...two different sports.

The real boxing match is a month later, Triple G vs Canelo Alvarez, now that's going to bring in real fireworks...two of the very best in boxing going at it...

Off topic but I like Canelo's ads with Stallone.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                      Off topic but I like Canelo's ads with Stallone.
                      Stallone: Be Bold!
                      Canelo: Bee Bulderrr!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎