^Now that's just wrong. Geez.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
      I also stopped reading comments sections on several articles about the casting after the first 10 or so comments on them were all variations on "will her sonic screwdriver have a vibration setting?"...
      Yeah which is a lame stolen joke from "Curse of the Fatal Death".

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
        I peeked at internet comments and immediately regretted my decision.
        I'm afraid to look. Have the rape and death threats started yet? We are pretty sheltered at the museum and I don't think a lot of people here may realize how bad it has gotten out there.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
          I'm afraid to look. Have the rape and death threats started yet? We are pretty sheltered at the museum and I don't think a lot of people here may realize how bad it has gotten out there.
          I didn't get that far, it's just dividing into two groups a) People saying horrible things and b) People accusing anyone not on board of hating all women. Ain't no fun to had in that playground.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Jodie Whittaker was great in Family Affair and Sigmund.

Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• TheNewGiJoeWithKungFuGrip
              Veteran Member
              • Jun 18, 2015

I didn't get that far, it's just dividing into two groups a) People saying horrible things and b) People accusing anyone not on board of hating all women. Ain't no fun to had in that playground.
              My thoughts exactly. I'm going to have to wait until an episode with her as the lead comes out before I can really say for sure whether I like this casting choice or not.
              The hands that grip.

Comment

• palitoy
                • Jun 16, 2001

I've had misgivings about the last two Doctors casting as well, both times my worries were for naught.

The one hope I have for this is that the show runner knows this actor, so there is probably a plan here.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                  Persistent Member
                  • Mar 23, 2013

They have been talking about having an actress play The Doctor for a long.

I think the new Doctor Who series of episodes will be very good.

And I think it would be best if she will be The Doctor for at least 5 years to really get into the stories.

Comment

• clemso
                    Talkative Member
                    • Aug 8, 2001

It will be interesting to see how this plays out with River. Would also love to see a Clara guest appearance. It does pose some intriguing dynamics.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

Wow. A lot of drama on YouTube right now. Someone even has a video saying it's the end of Doctor Who.

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by clemso
                        It will be interesting to see how this plays out with River. Would also love to see a Clara guest appearance. It does pose some intriguing dynamics.
                        It wouldn't have anything to do with River .... River's Doctor is Capaldi and she is travelling back in time starting with him.... Once she hits Tennant that's it.

She only has contact with 3 Doctors --- unless they change something AGAIN

Comment

• clemso
                          Talkative Member
                          • Aug 8, 2001

Ah but it's all wibbly wobbly timey wimey Mickey.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                            Permanent Member
                            • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                            Wow. A lot of drama on YouTube right now. Someone even has a video saying it's the end of Doctor Who.
                            It won't be the end, they will get one, maybe two more Doctors for sure. But it will probably be damage control at that point. I think this has potential to be the fatal strike for NuWho, even if the ratings don't reflect immediately.

She's a great actress, but this is a stunt casting and unfortunately it's a puzzling one. The show has been bleeding viewers because big chunks of the female demo abandoned the show once there wasn't a "sexy" Doctor. Tennant made the show popular, Smith rode that wave of popularity by being "hot" and then a big chunk of women tuned out when the Doctor became some old guy. It didn't help that BBC America sold the show with Smith as essentially a new show all about him in the role, which made his departure even rougher for women stateside. But long story short, this won't bring those women back. Those women want a "hunk" Doctor. They don't want to "BE" the Doctor. And while there are women who do want to be the Doctor, they were already on board watching the show. This may drive some women from the show actually, but we will see. What this WILL do is a drive a certain number of male viewers from the show.

So if my math is correct: Subtract percentage of male viewers + Keep lower number of female viewer = Higher ratings?

Not sure what this stunt will do to pull in more eyeballs, other than cause controversy which is not a proven formula for success. If they were going to do a stunt, honestly I think they should have tried coax a "hot" celebrity to do a season of the show. It would have gotten the same amount of press, slightly less blowback and could have brought the female viewers back. Daniel Radcliffe or something. But what's done is done.

I'll be curious to see how the show goes. I'm just glad to see Moffat go, man, woman, cow, the casting of the Doctor is largely irrelevant to me.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I'm upset because I was hoping Clem would be the new Doctor --- no BS

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                                Persistent Member
                                • Sep 3, 2009

I've had misgivings about the last two Doctors casting as well, both times my worries were for naught.

The one hope I have for this is that the show runner knows this actor, so there is probably a plan here.
                                full disclosure i haven't watched the show since william hartnell was in it and won't watch it now

but the new dr was great in this film from 2006 ,along side Peter O'Toole in i think his last film role and Leslie Phillips ding dong :lol and Vanessa Redgrave
                                well worth a watch

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎