Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

It seems not very many people liked the new season. It has such a high score from the critics, but a super low number from the audience. Critics are a total joke...

An eccentric yet compassionate extraterrestrial Time Lord zips through time and space to solve problems alongside companions from planet Earth. Known as the Doctor, the alien adventurer travels using the TARDIS to battle injustice across the universe.
    Last edited by LonnieFisher; Jan 1, '19, 8:13 AM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Rotten tomatoes has the audience score at 25 percent. It drops more every day it seems.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Rotten Tomatoes is hardly empirical data, in fact, I think it has no relevance anymore. Even though I am personally critical of the new direction, I know more than a dozen people in my circle who genuinely enjoyed the new season. I don't join their discussions because I don't want to rain on their joy but from what I've observed, the results are pretty mixed in the community.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Was never on Rotten Tomatoes until now.

Why is there 2 scores

It looks like one score is high and the review acts like its the best show ever made --

The other score says 25%

I thought Tomatoes was just audience reviews and ratings ?

Comment

• palitoy
            • Jun 16, 2001

One is critical reviews, the other is public, it's usually discordant because whenever the internet can manipulate something to either a) "Crush something they don't like" or b) "Bloviate over something they over aggrandize", they will! RT has gotten lots of flack over this over the years and it's actually been caught fudging numbers in important, life altering matters like "Marvel Vs DC" movies.

I don't agree with either score BTW, critical reviewers are seriously ignoring some misfires and problems and well, the fan base isn't being properly represented either.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

For Ghostbusters 2016 it says ……..

Critics Consensus: Ghostbusters does an impressive job of standing on its own as a freewheeling, marvelously cast supernatural comedy -- even if it can't help but pale somewhat in comparison with the classic original.

I don't know ANYBODY that ever said Ghostbusters 2016 was impressive in any way

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                I don't know ANYBODY that ever said Ghostbusters 2016 was impressive in any way
                It was a good movie. It was the best GB movie that could have been done given the circumstances. GB3 was never, ever, EVER going to happen. A straight remake wouldn't work. People trying to impersonate Bill Murray, Ramis, etc. would have been terrible. New unrelated characters just using the classic characters names Egon, Ray, etc. would have also sucked.

Ghostbusters 2016 didn't kill the franchise. Ghostbusters 2 did that in 89.

Unpopular opinion: The Real ghostbusters animated series was better than the movies.
                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

While I don't agree with it being a good movie ( I was actually rooting for it to be good), I do agree that most Fandom for the series is due to the cartoon being excellent.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

I didn't make it through the last GB. Life's too short and the "jokes" just didn't work at all.
                    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                      I didn't make it through the last GB. Life's too short and the "jokes" just didn't work at all.
                      I only made it to about the halfway point, movie was just awful

Comment

• johnnystorm
                        Hot Child in the City
                        • Jul 3, 2008

I didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't hilariously funny, but it was ok entertainment. I think the biggest issue for me was Kate Mckinnon's character being a weird cartoonish thing. She basically played Holtzman as an extended SNL skit. The other thing I disliked was the Bill Murray appearance, which was just too long and really hammered home the point that this was a remake. The other cameos seemed like a fun tribute, especially Annie Potts'.
                        If anyone here reads the Ghostbusters comic book series, they've established that there is a GB Multiverse, and the female team has met the original team, and both have crossed over into the Real GB Universe too. Totally fun stuff.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by johnnystorm
                          I think the biggest issue for me was Kate Mckinnon's character being a weird cartoonish thing.
                          I liked her in the movie. Nice nod to the Real Ghostbusters Egon.
                          You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
                            • Jun 16, 2001

The cast is talented and certainly funny but they didn't have a good script, the dialogue felt like a pile of lame ad libs mashed together. Pretty weird considering this is the team that made "Bride's Maids" which is quite good.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Well, the DW New Year's Day special was a mixed bag.
                              Another Chibnall story. It had quite a few enjoyable moments... but overall pretty lacklustre.
                              Won't go into spoiler territory for those that haven't seen it yet.

We won't see Jodie and crew again now until early 2020.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                                mixed bag

If this season has a theme....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎