X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

RUMOR:
    Chibnall and Whittaker are going to leave after season 12, which will be a short season.
    I don't know if there is any truth to this, but this is what's being reported.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah I read that too, I'm batting about 50/50 with Who rumors so it's hard to say. Also, with so many people trying to force a narrative, I suspect anything until it's announced.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

Could be the media is foisting a 10 upon them:
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

After just a few minutes, we all knew what was coming. "Amazon is bad. Workers revolt!"
          It's hard to root for your team when you already figured out the simplistic plot from the beginning. Kind of felt like an early McCoy.

I do hope change is on the way, I really do, but why would Whittaker leave so soon? It's like shooting the messenger!
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

From what I understand Whittaker's departure has little to do with Chibnall ..... Whittaker is married to an American -- Together they have a VERY young child and Whittaker wants to move back to the United States.

Above could be all BS too

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

I took it as more of an allegory against automation, sort of like a retelling of the Luddites. Not that it was a complicated plot, just I didn't feel like it was an obvious slam against Amazon.

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

My 77-year-old mom is a fan of the new series, as it turns out. We watched Demons of the Punjab and Kerblam! together over Thanksgiving, and both were more enjoyable with her at my side.
                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

If the rumors are true, it's a bit stupid to accept a role (especially the first female Doctor) and already think about leaving.
                  But let's just wait and see. Still rumors.
                  I'd be happier with a new writing staff and leave Whittakere where she is.
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                    Invincible Ironing Man
                    • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I took it as more of an allegory against automation, sort of like a retelling of the Luddites. Not that it was a complicated plot, just I didn't feel like it was an obvious slam against Amazon.

I agree, it was mainly about the warning against automation. I picked Amazon because the workers here in Amazon Europe are getting a very raw deal with superlow wages and more and more automation. It almost felt as if the writer had been watching the same documentaries and news items as me. I don't mind that, it's important to know, but it felt a little "spoon-fed".

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

I think tonight's episode "The Witchfinders" was probably my favourite of the season so far.
                      Not without its problems, but generally quite enjoyable overall, with some good performances.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• palitoy
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah it wasn't bad, started a little slow but had an interesting premise. Again, Graham is my favourite character.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

The best one so far.
                          Had a nice atmosphere, good performances all around. I liked the "patronizing" dialog by Whittaker, she needed a little "fire" in her.
                          The conclusion was a bit of an anti-climax, felt like "been there done that", a bit stale.

And just when I thought Graham couldn't get any cooler...comes The Hat. Loved that.

Comment

• toothaction
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 15, 2017

Yep, closest to what I want from the show yet. Still a low B, but that's something, right?

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

This episode didn't last very long on my screen. I might try again to watch it, but it seemed like a trash episode. The way they were dressed should have caused a ruckus at first sight. Did somebody forget they are time traveling?

Comment

• palitoy
                                • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                The way they were dressed should have caused a ruckus at first sight. Did somebody forget they are time traveling?
                                How did you make it past the "tribe of gum" episode?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎