Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I'm color blind on blue and green, but the outside looked decidedly green to me...

The story and new Tardis interior didn't do much for me, but I do like the fact that there's an older companion. Feels a bit "Early Who" to me, which is nice.
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

An interesting, whimsical little story tonight. The usual array of minor plot holes, and a woefully under-developed villain.
      Still, I'm liking Jodie's portrayal more with every episode.
      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• toothaction
        Career Member
        • Jul 15, 2017

Yeah, I'm a bit torn on this one. A worthy tale, I'm just finding myself wishing that the bones of it were a good bit more solid. That said, I'll echo the Jodie love, and yes, we continue to have a villian problem. Tardis report? On second view I'm still not sold. I likes my tiers, man.
        >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
          Eloquent Member
          • Jan 19, 2008

I'm not liking the writing or the Tardis. The ship sucks. The pumping rock pillar console is a little ridiculous, I think.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

It wasn't my favourite, in fact as my wife put it, it felt like a "Legends of Tomorrow" episode. It wasn't the subject matter so much as I am not a fan of the "Oh my God, we've gotta fix history" plot because you know in the end they will. I also knew they'd have to do what they did, saw it coming from a mile away, so the powerful moment didn't work for me.

The villain was kind of two dimensional, I was hoping that we'd see Whittaker spar against another Time Lord or someone of that ilk but this guy needed more everything. He was just Evil McEvil guy.

On the plus side, I like the cast and they all seem to be getting enough to do. Whittaker's Doctor is written similiarly to a male counterpart and it works. I do look forward to seeing her find her Doctor later in the season.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
              The pumping rock pillar console is a little ridiculous, I think.
              Ha! Yeah, during the final scene I found myself really distracted by it. I honestly stopped focusing on what the Doctor was saying.

Comment

• toothaction
                Career Member
                • Jul 15, 2017

On balance, here's some words from a lady who liked it.
                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Quite an entertaining episode tonight.
                  Although given the Doctor's previous history with giant spiders, I was disappointed that she didn't even make a passing reference to Metebelis Three at all.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• toothaction
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 15, 2017

^ She was too busy name dropping pop historical figures from Earth's 20th century. Didn't this used to happen maybe a couple of times a series rather than weekly?

Man, I really wanted to like this new incarnation, still do, but this was another installment that just felt stiff and square to me. I kept pausing and doing something else for a bit every few minutes, and I never do that! Maybe it's my mood.

Comment

• palitoy
                      • Jun 16, 2001

That one was pretty good, I enjoyed the time to give the crew a motivation to be there.

My only quibble would be the cardboard bad guy again, basically there so the Doctor could tell him to shut up. It's not new for the series but two in a row gives me pause.

Comment

• clemso
                        Talkative Member
                        • Aug 8, 2001

I seemed to have missed something. Did they kill all the Spiders that they trapped in the panic room? And if so, i thought the Doctor didn't kill living beings? And if not, what did they do with them?

Comment

• palitoy
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by clemso
                          I seemed to have missed something. Did they kill all the Spiders that they trapped in the panic room? And if so, i thought the Doctor didn't kill living beings? And if not, what did they do with them?
                          Just trapped them in there to die, a humane death i guess? It wasn't great.

Comment

• toothaction
                            Career Member
                            • Jul 15, 2017

Yes, better to have them slowly starve to death, or, more likely, resort to cannibalism and then starve to death rather than good ol' short sharp shocked euthanasia. Or, like, a resolution consistent with the Doctor's intelligence and ethos. Graham, at the very least, still has a bit of an infestation problem waiting for him back at his flat, too. Good thing spiders only have like 6 or 8 babies at a time! Whew!

I've never listed plot hole hunting as a hobby of mine, but when my weekend soap just abruptly cuts to the ending like there's a missing reel I can't help my fool brain from trying to fill in the gaps.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

The stupidity of this episode makes me not want to watch anymore. Total garbage show now.

Comment

• fallensaviour
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
                                The stupidity of this episode makes me not want to watch anymore. Total garbage show now.
                                On the plus side only 26 more episodes until a new doctor and a new tardis.
                                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎