X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
    My biggest problem is having a female Doctor in the series current time line... Dr Who is a dude
    The Doctor is a shape shifting alien. Time Lords have the ability to change their age, appearance and gender. Obvious example Master to Missy.

Not really comparable to James Bond even if you consider James Bond as just a title or code name.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Sunday, October 7th.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
        Eloquent Member
        • Jan 19, 2008

I just found out more about the new season, and it sounds like it is going to be way worse than I thought. It sounds like the show is going to be total garbage. It makes me so very sad, since I've been such a big fan for so long.
        Educational kids show...?

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

where did you hear that? what, are they going to make each episode a history lesson?

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I haven't heard that anywhere, let's just watch it with no expectations.
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

Report claims Chibnall is "keen to bring back 60s roots when Sydney Newman intended show to be an educational series for children."

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

okay, that is just rumor at this point. although I have serious concerns about the direction of the show now, I do agree with Brian, just give it a shot and see how it is. maybe we will all be pleasantly surprised. I'm not holding my breath, but I am curious about it

Comment

• glimpy
                  Loco Chango
                  • Feb 5, 2012

I thought you were talking about Johnny Whitaker
                  sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

A few views of critics who have seen the first episode... (but bear in mind this was posted on the BBC's own site, so of course there's nothing overtly negative):

"Jodie Whittaker may be the breath of fresh air needed to revive a flagging franchise."
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

There's a short clip on YouTube with a first look at the new series. Most of the fans that are replying say she reminds them a little bit like Tennant.

Comment

• Allie Fox
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jun 1, 2009

I don't mean to sound sexist but; I don't care what she does. Whittaker is HOT! I'm really looking forward to this season (after having not watched the previous couple of seasons).

Kudos to BBC for sucking me back in.
                        If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• toothaction
                          Career Member
                          • Jul 15, 2017

Just about 24 hours until I can finally read this thread! I wonder what you good folk had to say?
                          >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

• johnnystorm
                            Hot Child in the City
                            • Jul 3, 2008

Halfway through the 1st episode- great!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

It was a promising debut.
                              I like Jodie's portrayal so far. Looking forward to seeing how she develops in the role.
                              The new incarnation of the theme music is cool... quite reminiscent of classic DW.
                              I also like the idea of her crafting her own sonic screwdriver.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• toothaction
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 15, 2017

Big boo to BBC America for jamming 30 minutes of commercials into a 60 minute program, no exageration! Insult to injury? They literally didn't play the credits, just cut to more commercials the moment the story was over. Ugh, we didn't even get to hear the new theme music!

Secured a copy of the British broadcast so I'm looking forward to running through it again at the intended pace.

EDIT:
                                Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                                The new incarnation of the theme music is cool... quite reminiscent of classic DW.
                                Where did you catch the ep? We 'Mericans were denied the pleasure.
                                Last edited by toothaction; Oct 7, '18, 3:53 PM.
                                >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎