Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 38131617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jodie Whittaker IS the Thirteenth Doctor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
    That little alien creature should sell a few toys for the BBC.
    It looked like a Lilo and Stitch Funko pop.

This episode kind of embodied what I feel is an issue with this season.

Chibnall has turned it into a team show and he's quite good at crafting believable characters. Every episode, somebody on "Team Tardis" gets the spotlight, this week it was Ryan working on his dad issues. I like the character of Ryan and that's probably credited to how he's written.

You have 10 characters running around in this episode, you have one plot with two seperate subplots and it's just too much.

The threat never feels like one, a) because it's "adipose cute" and b) because there is just so much going on. No tension, you can see how the Doctor is going to deal with from ten feet away.

While the threat doesn't get enough attention, Whittaker's Doctor is also underserved, she's the Doctor and while they're quick to show her take charge in every episode, I feel the character is getting sort of lost.

I hope this course corrects, I've weathered through rough seasons before on the charm of the lead and I'll see this through but it's feeling like "The Flash" does right now.

I just can't get into Whittaker as the Doctor. Had the same problem with Peter Davison in the 80s. Celery? Really?

But it's really been the scripts over the last two years that have killed Doctor Who for me.
    Even My Henchmen Think I'm Crazy.

Well observed, palitoy.

I realized this week that watching all of these latest installments is leaving me with that feeling like when you know the relationship is over but just can't bring yourself to break up with them yet. The affection is still there, but I'm just not connecting with my longtime lover anymore. Dang.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

I think this guy does a great job articulating what I don't like about the show.

Blog Entries
    I think he's a garbage person and that's coming from someone critical of the direction that the show is taking.

Images
    I barely made it through the Rosa episode. took 3 separate sittings to finish it and fast forwarded through some of those. I am done. this show is crap. I am happy for those who like it, but I will wait for the next Doctor, if the show makes it

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    I barely made it through the Rosa episode. took 3 separate sittings to finish it and fast forwarded through some of those. I am done. this show is crap. I am happy for those who like it, but I will wait for the next Doctor, if the show makes it
    It took me two sittings to finish the newest episode. It really is terrible. The writing sucks, and every episode is worse than the one before it. It's so sad...

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I think he's a garbage person and that's coming from someone critical of the direction that the show is taking.
    Mega dittos, to quote a man that the reviewer most likely enjoys.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Quote Originally Posted by LonnieFisher View Post
    It took me two sittings to finish the newest episode. It really is terrible. The writing sucks, and every episode is worse than the one before it. It's so sad...
    Not going to lie I fell asleep twice trying to get through this.
    This show is a mess,sad but not unexpected.
    I was hoping for a regeneration after the sonic mine.....I know I’m not alone with that thought either.
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    I watched Broadchurch but she didn't stand out to me, mostly because I think, the show had a lot of good performances going on.
    Clearly she didn't stand out to me on Broadchurch because I didn't even make the connections until I read your post today. Hmm 2 doctors on Broadchurch.

I loved broadchurch for season one - then I struggled to watch and never finished the series.