• hedrap
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 10, 2009

Green Goblin...

• thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Uggh, really?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

That's not the Green Goblin...it's the swamp witch Meg Mucklebones from the movie "Legend"

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

Yep, that it is. One of Ridley Scott's more underrated films. Granted, Tom Cruise was COMPLETELY miscast as Jack, the hero, but everyone else was spot on, especially Tim Curry as Darkness. Plus, the unicorns were really done nicely...

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• hedrap
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 10, 2009

Mucklebones.

Comment

• enyawd72
            Maker of Monsters!
            • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
            Yep, that it is. One of Ridley Scott's more underrated films. Granted, Tom Cruise was COMPLETELY miscast as Jack, the hero, but everyone else was spot on, especially Tim Curry as Darkness. Plus, the unicorns were really done nicely...
            There is one thing that bugs the CRAP out of me with that film...it's when one of the characters yells "Adios Amigos!" Every time that scene plays I'm like WHAAAT? Utterly and completely out of place.

Comment

• hedrap
              Permanent Member
              • Feb 10, 2009

Funny you mention that. Just hit me last night...didn't Darkness refer to the Unicorn horn as an antenna?

Comment

• The Bat
                Batman Fanatic
                • Jul 14, 2002

I LOVE that movie! Tim Curry was AWESOME! I can even put up with Tom Cruise in the movie. And as always in a Ridley Scott movie...the cinematography was beautiful.
                sigpic

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, Tim Curry is awesome in that movie. Robert Picardo is also great as Meg. The rest of the cast... not so much.

I really prefer the version with the Jerry Goldsmith score.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 20, 2011

Man, good to hear LEGEND getting some love!! I was beginning to think I was the only person who, Tom Cruise as Jack not-withstanding, thoroughly was enchanted by the movie. Still don't understand why Curry never had a shot at The Joker. How freakin' badarse would that have been?
                    sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

I love Mia Sara, she never looked more beautiful.

The Goldsmith track is nice, but I prefer the Tangarine Dream soundtrack, as I'm a New Age music aficionado, plus it totally works in Legend.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

I like the original music score...but I own both versions.
                        sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

@Hector and The Bat - oh yes, Mia Sara looked oh so fine indeed! The soft-focus, almost over-exposed first portion of the movie when we initially encounter Lili had me ing over Mia Sara (whom I got to drool over again a year later in FBDO).

Regarding the soundtrack, I enjoy both of them a lot and like you, Bat, own both versions. But if I were given the choice of retaining only one, I'd have to go with the Tangerine Dream version. It captured the mystical and off-kilter feel of the action happening onscreen better to me.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

Yes, Tangerine Dream gives you more of a magical ethereal feeling...an otherworldly ambiance...very similar to Blade Runner with Vangelis, another great New Age composer.

Goldsmith gives you a more traditional been there, done that, classical score. Not knocking Goldsmith's scorer, he's was truly a master legendary composer...on a par with John Williams...and love all his work...I just thought Tangerine Dream was the more unique version between the two for this particular film, that's all...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Yes, I had huge crush on Mia Sara...she was super cute in Ferris Bueller's Day Off too...
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎