X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jase25
    MarshallMadeCollectibles
    • Jan 8, 2009

Space Ghost 2.0

I haven't customized a Mego in years....this was honestly a super easy and fun conversion.

Okay, I got my Figures Toy Company Space Ghost and was disappointed the minute I saw him in the package. I figured it couldn't be as bad as everyone had said. No, they were all right and all were very valid assessments. The head doesn't fit the body and the suit is thin and feels cheap, the body is awful (mine wants to do the twist) and the black plastic body with a thin white suit was a dumb call. The end result is a Bobble head Space Ghost with a dirty grey suit on....and he has on boots? Why? So, what was salvageable? The head, cape, belt, hands, and power bands. Everything else is in the trash.
    I took an older Zica body (miss these bodies) and decided to make the DC Mini Series Space Ghost (the best comic adaptation ever) so I bulked up the body with Apoxie Sculpt - used a white pleather type suit. Looks better for a Space character then say cotton or spandex. Made a new black neck swatch and added it to the suit, added a larger Die cut vinyl Space Ghost logo, added the bits and piece from the original, then glued down all the extra pieces. Also reinforced and wrapped to enlarge the neck post - so it sits tighter and lower to the neck hole on the body. To prevent and gap. Final outcome? It's the Space Ghost I always wanted.

What do you think???

Jase

Right out of the package
    IMG_7601.jpg

Zica Body with added definition with Apoxie Sculpt
    IMG_7606.jpg

Old and New...
    IMG_7613.jpg

On a Mezco Stand
    IMG_7617.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jase25; Jul 12, '17, 10:04 AM.
    Thanks ~ Jase

http://stores.ebay.com/Marshall-Made...ctibles?_rdc=1
  • Starroid Raiders Dagon
    Persistent Member
    • Apr 28, 2013

He looks fantastic! You did an amazing job. Perfect!

Comment

• apes3978
      Permanent Member
      • Nov 19, 2005

He looks really good...

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

Great job, love the Zica body, plus what you did to fix it up, what a difference.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

that looks great. Damn shame FTC has a love/hate relationship with the Mego community....if they'd just hire some of the talent here to make figures....that figure isn't even laughable it is so bad ( until customized by people with an eye for detail and some good old fashioned common sense on how a figure should look )

I'd gladly have paid $35 for a figure as nice as the one you built......not MSRP $35 plus parts and labor/skillset

Comment

• TomStrong
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2011

That's great!

Comment

• sprytel
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 26, 2009

He looks awesome! I was skeptical when I read "pleather"... I did not expect it to be able to be that form fitting... but it really works nicely for you.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Soo much better, sure is a shame that FTC blew it yet again.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎