Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Mego Line are YOU still longing for?

Images
    Very cool ideas from all. James Bond would be amazing if done right.

Images
    The Night Stalker, Dark Shadows, X-Files
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Images
    The Warriors - as long as they are made by a company that doesn't have giant head issues.

A-Team
    MASH
    Lost In Space

I'd say Logan's Run, but...

Okay, first - you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Doctor Who - I really wanted more characters but BBC are nasty ...
    Ha! Before I knew that it existed, I used to daydream about a whole line of lesser-known baddies from the Baker years.
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Land of the Lost--so perfect for Mego: Marshall, Will, Holly, Chaka, Enik, Sleestak.
    Daydreamed about this CONSTANTLY when I was a tot. I'm sure that plenty of the Krofft ventures would have made for great lines, but you've landed on my number one straight away
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Canary View Post
    Doom Patrol - Classic era, or possibly Morrison era!
    Correct! Robotman and the gang, now! GM's run would make for excellent toys, too, although maybe a little modern for my tastes, but you couldn't keep me away from a Danny the Street carrying case!

The first license that popped in my head when I saw the title of this thread was The Prisoner. A favorite of mine for my entire life, and as appropriate a subject matter for Mego and their children as I can think of - snappy, iconic outfits; a wealth of secondary characters and generic henchfolk; and the built-in potential for a new No.2 every 6 months! Don't even get me started on vehicles and plastic-coated, fold out playsets... Swoon!

I'd love to see a simple Silent Running line - Just good ol' Bruce Dern, the wee robots and a wealth of plastic plants.

Another something that would fail miserably at the checkout would be a whole line based on Carpenter's Dark Star. Yeah, I know his later work is where the money's at, but c'mon, how fun would it be to have that crew and a round, inflatable alien with nasty, rubber feet around the house? Very!

I think I'd conclude my four-point-plan to bankrupt any toy company with a grayscale run of the complete main cast from Kubrick's Paths of Glory. Love that film, but mostly I think I'd just like it to happen so that I could have a Timothy Carey doll.

Also, The Outer Limits, duh, and I think that the The Young Ones might actually sell.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

What, nobody else wants to chime in? Not even to tear apart my Dream Teams???

Occurred to me today that, now that BBP has the license in hand, a nice, * l o n g * run of the populous (permanent, transient and multidimensional) of Twin Peaks would be most welcome in my world.

Eensy, weensy Kenner-style plastic Cooper? Nah! 8 solid inches of Cooper dress-up dollie magic? Hell to the yes to the yes yes yes!
    Last edited by toothaction; Jul 30, '17 at 6:18 PM.
    >>> Looking for a few Bif Bang Pow! pretties. Please click to see if you can help!

Lost In Space
    Better late than never.....

Images
    I know its obvious, but I'd like Star Wars.

Oh,absolutely would want the flash Gordon line in the early 80s redone,in 8 inch,not the original 9 inch.

Images
    That's easy for me:

1. James Bond
    2. Hammer horror
    3. Battle of the Planets

I'd buy all of them.