Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the Talented Customizers in this Forum...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Question for the Talented Customizers in this Forum...

Particularly the experts on fabrics and/or sewing...

I would like to make a Batman cape with a leather like material... It is very soft, thin, pliable and easy to sew...

I just wouldn't know how to identify it or call it properly to search on-line....

The material I'm referring to is used in the Ken as Batman Afflek Batman precisely on its cape...

It is also used in the FTC Teen Titan Cyborg white leotard...

Can anyone owning any of these tell me how would you search for this material on the web? Looking for it in white...

Thanks in advance to my Mego Bros and Sis!

Ariel
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Do they have JoAnn Fabrics in PR? You'll want a thin fabric-backed vinyl, preferably matte. Jo Ann's carries it, particularly around Hallowe'en.

Also, there is a lot of vinyl "pleather" on ebay--be careful what thickness you're buying, though. Any reputable seller will agree to send you a small sample/swatch.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Try ebay item #220754668401, "matte vinyl pleather....."
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

Thanks for the info Scott... No JoAnn stores here nor any major Hobby Stores... That's why I really needed a name or term for the material I'm looking for. Just placed an order on the eBay Item you recommended me. Fingers crosssed.

Thanks again!

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

You're welcome, glad I could help.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

MAN, I wish I knew what it was called....but I just bought THE BEST Batman cape material EVER! I don't know the name of it but it's at Johann Fabrics. It's rubbery, flexible and doesn't fray when you cut it....I'm so HAPPY!!

It's in the "Cosplay section."
            sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^That's likely what I was recommending ;-) .

Comment

• bleit1701
                Career Member
                • Jan 1, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
                MAN, I wish I knew what it was called....but I just bought THE BEST Batman cape material EVER! I don't know the name of it but it's at Johann Fabrics. It's rubbery, flexible and doesn't fray when you cut it....I'm so HAPPY!!

It's in the "Cosplay section."
                It's called Yaya Han. It's a place to start.
                Better late than never.....

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by bleit1701
                  It's called Yaya Han. It's a place to start.
                  Love that name, sounds like a fast food chain owned by Han Solo.
                  Last edited by TrekStar; Jul 10, '17, 1:56 PM.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 29, 2007

Yeah! I got my name! Thank you Mr. Leitner, Scott and all others! U da' best!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎