X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

The Breakfast Club

I recently met Anthony Michael Hall at a Comic-Con. What a super nice guy he was! Not only did he sign two posters for me (it was only supposed to be one), but he was a great conversationalist as well! Not only is it a superb film, I never knew how much Molly Ringwald and Judd Nelson just utterly despised each other during the filming! I guess that is truly why they call it acting! They were great together on screen!
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Not a big fan of Breakfast Club but have been in love with Ally Sheedy for 30+ years

Comment

• supes
      For the love of Mego's!
      • Jan 19, 2004

My one son and I love the movie, but my oldest hates it with a passion. Go figure

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• Bravestarr
        Museum Super Collector
        • Mar 26, 2017

Pelicula classico

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

First, it's cool you met AMH...it's amazing his transformation, from skinny geek to intimidating looking jock, lol.

I liked the Breakfast Club back in the day, but it has not aged well. I could barely watch it now, it comes across as an angsty and annoying flick. There are teens out there with far more serious issues...and the so-called problems of the Breakfast Club bunch are just lame...and when they start crying talking about them...cringe worthy. It's just the whole confinement humorless setting. I'm not saying The Breakfast Club is a bad movie, it has many fans, and it's a very influential movie...this is simply my lowly opinion, that's all.

Not hating...as I like Molly Ringwald's two other famous 80s high school theme oriented movies, Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles.

Now Ferris Bueller's Day Off on the other hand, timeless classic...
          sigpic

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Hector
            First, it's cool you met AMH...it's amazing his transformation, from skinny geek to intimidating looking jock, lol.

I liked the Breakfast Club back in the day, but it has not aged well. I could barely watch it now, it comes across as an angsty and annoying flick. There are teens out there with far more serious issues...and the so-called problems of the Breakfast Club bunch are just lame...and when they start crying talking about them...cringe worthy. It's just the whole confinement humorless setting. I'm not saying The Breakfast Club is a bad movie, it has many fans, and it's a very influential movie...this is simply my lowly opinion, that's all.

Not hating...as I like Molly Ringwald's two other famous 80s high school theme oriented movies, Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles.

Now Ferris Bueller's Day Off on the other hand, timeless classic...
            I can't say I agree with the criticisms.
            But Bryan (AMH's character) only gets a Saturday detention for bringing a gun into school. Imagine the trouble he would get into now.

File that one next to the Jack Cassidy Columbo episode where he pretends to drive drunk to set up his alibi for the night. The DUI would be a huge hassle by itself .

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

Classic film! i love it and still do. I also love the other films mentioned. Holds up to me.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                Muddling through
                • Oct 4, 2008

watched it with my kids a year or two back, they loved it. they love Ferris Bueller too

Comment

• great_chandel
                  Veteran Member
                  • Mar 2, 2015

Well, I certainly respect all opinions. Of course, I loved the film, as I stated that in my first blog. However, it went far beyond just being a classic film. When you read and hear about the history of the film: the bad blood between cast members, the entire scene when they are all talking and crying towards the end, and how every single line was completely improvised (not scripted), and you throw in the late-great Paul Gleason, in my eyes, you have something special. The chemistry of the five individuals is a rarity -- perfectly cast. The film also offered some truly unforgettable lines in movie history. I used to show this movie when I taught college. It was a phenomenal case study in characters. The students loved it because there was a lot going on in that film. It is far more than just a "Brat Pack" film. Certainly, this film is not perfect. What film is perfect? Yet, while I admit "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," "Fast Times at Ridgemont High," and Sixteen Candles" etc. are classics, so is this one.

Comment

• Goblin19
                    Talkative Member
                    • May 2, 2002

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. I think it's a very good movie, but not quite a great one. The only criticism I don't agree with is how small their problems are. I think that's missing the point. The point is everyone has problems and when you're a teenager everything seems so dramatic.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I still really enjoy it. I think the only thing that doesn't hold up is the "dance sequence" which seems to come out of nowhere. An obvious early MTV influence. Other than that, it's still very well-writen, directed an acted.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                        Duke of Gloat
                        • Apr 23, 2006

I love the film, I've watched it countless times since I was a teen, it still holds up for me just fine.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎