X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mary Canary
    Career Member
    • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
    So, WG arrived today. Apparently, the flight from Florida to the Bay Area was a ROUGH one! Damn, girl! Lay off the shots!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21205[/ATTACH]
    OMG, how disappointing is that? I know nobody can control what happens in shipping, but I sure hope she wasn't packaged that way! Do you open your figures? Or at least open them long enough to fix them up so they look dignified in the clamshells?

I'm still on the fence about getting this one. She's cute, but I have so many others I'd rather have first.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Mary Canary
      OMG, how disappointing is that? I know nobody can control what happens in shipping, but I sure hope she wasn't packaged that way! Do you open your figures? Or at least open them long enough to fix them up so they look dignified in the clamshells?

I'm still on the fence about getting this one. She's cute, but I have so many others I'd rather have first.
      Honestly, looking at the way the one sandal is in the package, it MAY have come off during shipping but the hair? She was basically just thrown in the package from what I can tell with no attention paid to getting her hair to lie flat. I will be opening her to fix her up and then seal the clam again.

Comment

• Teemu
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by powersthatbe
        God,i hope there's a good reveal or sale come Friday,the last few Friday newstories have been stale,hoping for blue falcon,dr fate,red tornado,firestorm,wonder woman wave something! lol(and that's not a knock on the Friday newsletter,i know whoever does it busts their butt all week to give us the latest
        Yeah,like more 3 stooges figures that nobody wants...but when you can make figures in-house for 29.99, why not?

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

Got wondergirl .she is cute.although this outfit will be on a first appearances wonder women .which ill also get.the good thing about these clams.is that you can fix it up and put it back nicer.mine was kinda sloppy.couple minutes later she looks just fine.nice exclusive. Emerald city comics .

Comment

• jeffbearco
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2011

Added Superman with Kryptonite chain.

That's really just annoying to those of us that got the first one. I'm sure that chain will show up on CTVT at some point, but really?

I'm sure Clark Kent will be coming soon now.

Jeff

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
              Added Superman with Kryptonite chain.

That's really just annoying to those of us that got the first one. I'm sure that chain will show up on CTVT at some point, but really?

I'm sure Clark Kent will be coming soon now.

Jeff
              I just got back from vacation and noticed that. I'm glad I didn't buy Superman yet, but yeah, that kind of sucks for those that did buy early. I guess early buyers at least got the Mego-style card though, for those that collect them.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

tired of re-hashes and repaints....let's get moving with more new releases like 66 Batman Newmar and Wave 6 Superfriends

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

I pretty much love anything Superman, but I have to admit this is a bit on the cheesy side, especially the red boots, it's like FTC is running out of ideas for new figures, so they rush something out just to get something done. Do they not read these forums? there's been so many good ideas, but obviously we're not the ones getting the final say on what's released and what's not, and I understand about the whole licensing issues, but I know FTC can do better, they proved it with the 66 Batman line and some other releases.

Comment

• Mary Canary
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 21, 2017

Here's the first look at Dr. Fate, Firestorm, and Red Tornado:

PLASTIC MEMORY - Comic book writer and author Scott Beatty blogs about action figures, cool toys, and superhero collectibles.

Comment

• jayraytee
                      Career Member
                      • May 27, 2011

Saw that, Dr fate and Red Tornado look ok, not great but ok. Their suits look baggy and the heads look a little sloppy. Firestorm is disappointing, not sure why they chose the material for his torso, but it needs a waist and probably would of looked better with the standard material. The head is sub-par.
                      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• Mary Canary
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 21, 2017

Originally posted by jayraytee
                        Saw that, Dr fate and Red Tornado look ok, not great but ok. Their suits look baggy and the heads look a little sloppy. Firestorm is disappointing, not sure why they chose the material for his torso, but it needs a waist and probably would of looked better with the standard material. The head is sub-par.
                        Wow, I feel the opposite. I think Firestorm looks really neat, especially the head sculpt! I think he's probably the coolest (hottest, haha?) of the 3! If I was to get any of them, it would be him! I also think Dr. Fate looks good. He reminds me a bit of the classic Dr. Fate. I think Red Tornado is the least exciting, and does he have a red body or a flesh body? But I think the issues with the clothing looking baggy/sloppy comes down to whoever is styling these figures for the photos. Like obviously they could have fixed the bunching fabric before they took pictures. Otherwise, I think FTC did a really good job with all of them!

Comment

• wise guy
                          Career Member
                          • Dec 29, 2014

I like these and can't wait to order them. The heads look good to me(suits a little baggy )
                          and Dr Fate looks really nice and Mego-like. It's o.k that some don't like them because that's more for collector's like me that orders multiples. Hawkman was supposed to be with them in this wave

Comment

• Spyweb007
                            Persistent Member
                            • Apr 18, 2006

I think Firestorm just needs a white belt to pull in the waist. Otherwise they look pretty good!

Comment

• hedrap
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 10, 2009

If Fate looks as good in hand as that pic...could be the first complete fig they've made which looks authentic.

Comment

• jayraytee
                                Career Member
                                • May 27, 2011

I still say there are a lot of customizes here that do a better job. I could sculpt heads better than FTC's heads and a lot of other people could too. They look rushed. The suits design wise look ok, but why can't they get the sizing right yet? With as many figures as they have made, you'd think they would be able to get that kind of thing down by now.
                                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎