Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hobub
    Ghost of a Dead Indian
    • Jun 18, 2001

Playboy after dark. Hugh Hefner. Freaturing Deep Purple, original line up live. On video, in case you couldn't attend!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

Some of these songs are not forgotten at all. Let's keep it to hits at the time that rarely get heard now. Like the Rapper by Jaggerz, Love or let me be lonely, rainy night in Georgia, etc.

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
        Some of these songs are not forgotten at all. Let's keep it to hits at the time that rarely get heard now. Like the Rapper by Jaggerz, Love or let me be lonely, rainy night in Georgia, etc.
        That very much depends where you live and what your local station plays. I pretty much don't hear a single song listed here anymore.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
          Permanent Member
          • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by enyawd72
          That very much depends where you live and what your local station plays. I pretty much don't hear a single song listed here anymore.
          Bad bad Leroy Brown , Hush, and These boots are made for walking are never played, c'mon dude.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Here's one I love that I NEVER hear on any radio station (except the ones I program myself). Video is new, but the song's the same...

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
              Bad bad Leroy Brown , Hush, and These boots are made for walking are never played, c'mon dude.
              Maybe you should only post to the thread, then. That way you'll be happy with all of the song choices and we'll be sure not to add anything that's still heard on the radio, etc.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by enyawd72
                Same here. The rotations around here are small and tired. I love Journey for example, but someone needs to get the word out that they have more songs than Anyway You Want It and Don't Stop Believing. The only DP song I hear any more is Smoke on the Water.

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

I got some news for you. Timothy Leary Is dead. But drug abuse is not.

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

There's many songs out I used to like but have been overplayed so often throughout the years if I never heard any of them again it would be too soon.

I think Stairway To Heaven is the king.

I wish a time traveler would go back in time and stop that song from ever being written !!!!!!!!

Comment

• hobub
                      Ghost of a Dead Indian
                      • Jun 18, 2001

Hush may be one You hear but don't. I don't hear Nancy Sinatra much either. But oh those visuals seeing a newly formed Deep Purple or just watching Nancy dance around like an early Beyoncé video. Easy on the eyes even if she is my mother's age. She sure looked good.

How about an entire lost album of lost songs. If it will play in sequence. Here is the seed, the seeds.

If not, you can just youtube search the seeds the seeds.
                      Last edited by hobub; Jul 14, '17, 7:06 AM.

Comment

• hobub
                        Ghost of a Dead Indian
                        • Jun 18, 2001

This guy was frustrated that the CMA never embraced him as a country artist. He said in concert once as I remember on video that he guessed he is more of a western artist. He was very county. And here is an early hit., wow 6 years ago? The videos are time capsules themselves as I must have been about 6 myself when this video was recorded.

Comment

• Steeler80
                          Mayor of Strunk
                          • Jun 29, 2001

Heard this on the radio the other day for the first time in ever:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The radio stations around here play the same classics over and over ad nauseum. I finally did find one that plays some stuff I haven't heard in a while.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                            Museum Paramedic
                            • Aug 31, 2005

^ That's a good one that I hadn't heard in a long time! RIP Dan Seals.

- Ian
                            Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Lots of these songs in this thread are played on the Sirius XM channels, thankfully, like the aforementioned Yacht Rock, and The Bridge. I have a hard time with regular FM nowadays. Their music libraries are so insanely limited...or they just have very lazy programmers who only play several 100 songs over and over. Journey and REO Speedwagon get played once every half hour around these parts. I like them, but DANG!!!

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

How about Terry Jacks Seasons in the Sun? That's one I know I don't hear that much.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎