Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Super Powers scale Justice League Action figures.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

New Super Powers scale Justice League Action figures.

These are just starting to hit Toys R Us.

I am really impressed with these. For starters they are perfect Super Powers/Secret Wars scale. Batman looks awesome in the 89 Toybiz Batmobile.

These are really nice figures and don't at all feel budgety like the rest of the DC and Marvel non collector figures of the last several years. Cloth capes ( I hated the vinyl shower curtain capes Mattel used for the BvS line) and full articulation. They have neck, waist, ball shoulders, hinge elbows with swivel, hinge hips that can kick out to the sides and hinge knees with swivel. They gimmick is they all come with an assortment of weapons that can be mixed in matched together in multiple ways. They all have a small peg hole in their backs to snap accessories into.

If Mattel manages this line right it could really turn into a modern Super Powers line considering how deep the character list goes, on the cartoon. jlamattel.JPG
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

I saw these and was really impressed. If they go deep, it may be a problem for me.

I've only seen a few installments of Action but i really love it.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
      I saw these and was really impressed. If they go deep, it may be a problem for me.
      They really are fantastic. Action figures like they used to make before everything below the $20 collector lines went all budgety.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

I don't really like the style. The chunky anime thing Mattel has done before and better (though with less articulation) but I'd be curious to see how much they support the line. Because it's attached to a new cartoon, I don't have much faith. Mattel unfortunately changes as the wind blows and probably by the time they finally expand this line beyond repaints, they'll be canceling it.

But I'd love to be proven wrong.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I thought I read the cartoon was already cancelled? I've never really been able to catch whole episodes, just snippets on DC's YouTube channel.

But these look interesting. Not really crazy about the designs, as they venture a bit too far into pure cartooniness, but the figures are done well.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I thought I read the cartoon was already cancelled?
            I had not heard that. That would be a real bummer. I really like the cartoon.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

It hasn't been renewed or cancelled, the show is still ongoing. No official statement has been made either way and it's just basically conjecture.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
                Inhuman
                • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                It hasn't been renewed or cancelled, the show is still ongoing. No official statement has been made either way and it's just basically conjecture.
                Ah, cool, that's a relief. I remember reading they are going to have a JLA panel at SDCC so I was really surprised to hear there was a rumor of the show being cancelled.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

Nice to hear. I feared Cartoon Network's usual tactic of not supporting DC shows (other than Teen Titans Go, which is on nearly 24/7). They didn't get behind DC Nation (including Young Justice and GL:Animated) and they really cut Beware the Batman off at the knees.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                    I don't really like the style.
                    Ditto.
                    I'd much rather see a new line of Super Powers-esque DC figures than these, but hey, it saves me money!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

I like these. I'd go all in, but no Aquaman on the show!? WTH?

I'm a bit disturbed WW has no lasso.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                        Inhuman
                        • Jul 14, 2003

There is a Batmobile in this line. Found it tonight at TRU. It's pretty nice. There's also two mini vehicles. A Superman Justice 1 jet with a Superman in black and a very small Batcopter with a pearlized white Batman. Both were kinda meh.

Comment

• Werewolf
                          Inhuman
                          • Jul 14, 2003

Series 2 is Firestorm, Green Arrow, Lex Luthor and a Batman repaint. I've also seen pics of Blue Beetle and Flash which I am assuming will be in series 3.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎