X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by supes
    If that Jersey show was in the Meadowlands area I was selling at that toy show, it was awesome!! Those shows were great, a guy named Gene ran them good times!!
    Yup, that was it. What a terrific event.

It was so good that my wife and i cancelled our flea market tour of Pennsylvania the next day and went straight home. We had a car load of toys anyway.
    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

These things are what they are at this point. I'm lucky to still get 2 "comics only" shows a month in my area from http://www.njcomicbookshows.com/. I never mind giving them a shout and recommend them to ANYONE looking for a great selection and good prices. They've grown my collection to the point I've had to slow down until I can liquidate some of my "junk" comics and free up room.

Beyond comics the area is decent for toy shows as well. We get the monthly show in Wayne (most famous for portrayed as a "flea market" on Toy Hunter), "Toy Con" 2 x a year which is hit and miss. Then if you wan to travel a but there's Retro Con and Zolocon in PA. Of course Chiller is still here in NJ. I kind of pick and choose but being a "vintage" guy I do still like meeting the stars of my youth. Anyhow point being while some of these big cons have gotten away from what they used to be, alternatives have sprung up.

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

At $18,000 for a single weekend, the customer is ALWAYS right! THAT is just GOOD business.

CCC.

Comment

• monitor_ep
          Talkative Member
          • May 11, 2013

The last SDCC I went to I spent about 3hrs shopping & the rest of the weekend attending meetings up stairs. I went with a comic book store that set up a small booth & my job was to record the meetings so when we got back the rest could watch it. This was alittle over 10 yrs ago and it seemed ever meeting I went to to talked about there subject in general terms instead of what to expect.

I attended the Smallville/Birds Of Prey panel and it was a joke. The talked about the past season then showed a trailer for the next season and then for a bonus they showed the Birds of Prey trailer but would talk about it. I went in wearing my free BOP TV Promo Shirt I got before SDCC and after they showed the trailer there were lots of questions but nobody to answer. That when somebody noticed my shirt and began to ask me questions. I had watch two different pilots and could answer them but it was just shameful that somebody at WB/DC would not answer any questions.

It seemed the more I attended the sneak previews to the movies or shows I was again answering questions when I was just trying to get info that I didn't have. That was the last time I went.

The other problem I have is the Convention Only exclusives that are original characters and that is the only way to get them. Then they show up on Ebay at stupid prices.
          Visit my wiki site:

Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:

Monitor_EP Deviantart page

Action Jackson Road Trip log

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡