Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellis
    • May 9, 2017

Batman exploding bridge playset?

Does anyone know the going rate on this playset in real nice condition complete?
  • jimbutsu
    Memory *is* RAM!
    • Apr 11, 2002

I can't answer that except to offer a follow-up question.... *hypothetically* how much would a working activator change the value? So far as I know, they don't exist...
    (I had one brand new in the box around 1980ish and can say firsthand they didn't work when they were brand new either)
    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Ellis
      • May 9, 2017

LOL yea ive had loose playsets and the activators have never worked for me either. I just sold a wonder woman invisible airplane playset that had never been played with and i tried the activator out without taking it out of the plastic and it was a dudd also

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

I've always wanted to play with one of those... after actually buying a loose one (either, or both playsets).... and it's sure a disappointment to hear about the faulty activator function. Shucks.
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• neogelion
          Museum Patron
          • Mar 11, 2009

Some of them did work initially. Mine worked for my bridge and the Fortress of Solitude I had as a kid.
          Zombie? Vampire? Evil clown?!? Yes, please.

Comment

• Ellis
            • May 9, 2017

Wow since you just said yours worked in the fortress for ya i've got a nice mint fortress of solitude,so i guess its time to see if i can get lucky and the one in it works!!! I'm not going to get to excited cause i probably wont get that lucky but i can HOPE "PLEASE WORK" lol

Comment

• Ellis
              • May 9, 2017

Maybe i'll get lucky and another i have will work

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                HULK SMASH!
                • Apr 3, 2010

The activator in my Fortress of Solitude set I had as a kid worked perfectly, too.
                Still need to pick up an activator for my Exploding Bridge set... that's the only part I'm missing.
                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• powersthatbe
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 27, 2010

ha!i got this one Christmas many moons ago I guess the activator didn't work for me then either as I remember my mom took it back to the store lol.

Comment

• jimbutsu
                    Memory *is* RAM!
                    • Apr 11, 2002

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                    The activator in my Fortress of Solitude set I had as a kid worked perfectly, too.
                    Still need to pick up an activator for my Exploding Bridge set... that's the only part I'm missing.
                    You're making that up, you just have to be. I refuse to believe that an activator existed that worked perfectly. Maybe the first time or two, then it broke, but no way did one ever actually just work the way it was supposed to.
                    "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• Ellis
                      • May 9, 2017

HEY EVERYONE!!!! I FOUND AN ACTIVATOR THAT WORKS GREATTT!!! I've activated it 12 times and it worked great but i'm not going to keep it up, that way when someone else gets it they can have one that works. AWESOME

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Ellis
                        HEY EVERYONE!!!! I FOUND AN ACTIVATOR THAT WORKS GREATTT!!! I've activated it 12 times and it worked great but i'm not going to keep it up, that way when someone else gets it they can have one that works. AWESOME
                        I don't think I've seen a working one in decades.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Ellis
                          • May 9, 2017

I know cause i got a little to excited and was working it over and over lol but i finally stopped and caught myself and figured i would leave some life in it without wearing it out. I have prob like 5 or 6 of them in playsets but none of them work so it was great to have one do the job right

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by jimbutsu
                            You're making that up, you just have to be. I refuse to believe that an activator existed that worked perfectly. Maybe the first time or two, then it broke, but no way did one ever actually just work the way it was supposed to.
                            Ha ha, nope... I'm serious. I blew that red door off many, many times.
                            I loved that playset.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jun 29, 2018

Now that FTC is getting into the CAH/PH field...wouldn't it be cool if they sold activators...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎