• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

"The Creeper" fur question--glues?

Question about a Creeper custom:

For the black glove and boot trim, I was considering strips of low-pile fake fur. What would be the best adhesive for this onto accessories?

Silicone glue, Gorilla glue, etc?

I'm considering using both hard plastic and silicone/vinyl boots and gloves.

Thanks!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

gorilla glue applied with a toothpick.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks--will Gorilla glue stick to the traditional plastic boots? I figured I'd sand them a little first.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

I'm sure the sanding will help, just not sure how well it will stick to the old milk bottle plastic type boots. Might be better off gluing it to the costume right above the boots.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

I'm using a yellow body.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

oops, well, hope it sticks to something then. Maybe consider a yellow suit.

Comment

• knight errant00
              8 Inch Action Figure
              • Nov 15, 2005

Maybe consider putting the fur on a strip that can wrap around the leg above the boot? You could use use velcro or a snap to close it and the top of the boot would keep it from slipping too far down the leg.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎