Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjefferys
    Duke of Gloat
    • Apr 23, 2006

Two hundred smackers! Whatever you don't spend at Clarence I'll help you spend at Ted's. Let's just hope the rain holds off!

Comment

• Mr.Marion
      Permanent Member
      • Sep 15, 2014

You picked a good time to take a break.
      As far as megos go on eBay the well has been pretty dry in July. I was hoping to fill some Bendy and Trek holes and there hasn't been anything.

Comment

• cjefferys
        Duke of Gloat
        • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by palitoy
        Taking a hall pass this weekend. It's an annual flea market trip and I've had the money squirreled away since last year. I've got $210 and plan to come home with nothing.

Oh boy, the things you bought at the flea market today.

And now every time I see your avatar I just think of the interesting conversations you had today!

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
          Oh boy, the things you bought at the flea market today.
          Heh, apparently still on a toy break.

And now every time I see your avatar I just think of the interesting conversations you had today!
          Yeah, Target guy was my favourite person of the day.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

Good luck on the toy break. I empathize. I am sort of on a forced break from toys and comics-had to have unexpected surgery on Easter weekend (had a blockage in my intestine that was the result of having 7-yes seven-hernias I didn't know about which needed repairing) and had been laid up since, just coming back tot he forums today. Of course the house decided to take this time to fall apart too-we had ordered new windows this spring and then went in while I was recovering, but the day after the windows were installed the HVAC system died requiring both the AC and furnace be replaced and then 2 days later a pipe burst under the kitchen sink requiring plumbing repairs. So unexpected medical and house expenses coupled with me being out of work for 3 months (just went back to work this week) means no money for toys and comics for the the summer and probably most of the autumn. My one hall pass was birthday/money & giftcards I got a few weeks ago and used to pick up a few trades to read the rest of the summer.

The one good thing during the convalescence was the IFC had some awesome classic sci-fi movie marathons and got to watch/rewatch the entire Alien, Predator, and Planet of the Apes franchises.

So good luck with the toy hiatus, I'll think of you every time I see a toy or comic I can't buy

-M
            Last edited by MRP; Jul 28, '17, 10:39 AM.
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
              • Jun 16, 2001

Oh my God, sorry to hear it, glad you're recovering! I went through some unexpected surgery myself this year, ain't it grand?

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by palitoy
                Oh my God, sorry to hear it, glad you're recovering! I went through some unexpected surgery myself this year, ain't it grand?
                I was an ordeal to be sure, but some has come from it. I managed to break addiction to soda/pop and change eating habits during recovery and have lost almost 50 pounds, it got me to reevaluate a lot of things and get back to doing more creative work, especially writing, and allowed me to re-prioritize and refocus about a lot of things. I turned 48 during the recovery and had been taking a lot of things for granted and not done a lot of things I needed to do to better my life and circumstances. Sometimes it takes life kicking us in the butt to do those things. Sucks it took this to get me on the needed paths, but better this than something that was more life threatening. I am not happy I went through this all, but I am determined to make it a positive moving forward.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Nice to hear! We've had similar experiences there, I emerged thinner with a much healthier life style as well. I'm exercising more and totally have to watch what i eat. It's also made me jealous of time and more appreciative of my priorities in life.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎