• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego maniac mark
    Career Member
    • Aug 3, 2010

Anyone going to Eternal Con in Long Island

Hey Gang,
    I'm going to the con in LI next Saturday. In years past I have had good fortune to meet up with Blue Meanie, Chrimson Ghost and Doc Mego to name of few of my fellow New Yorkers. If anyone is going and want to meet to talk megos, hit me up.
    I am going Saturday mainly to get Lee Meriwether to sign my Batman episode book and hopefully find a treat for me in the mego genre
    mego's befo ho's
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

I looked at the list of Comic Book artists and writers and there is absolutely nobody on the list that is a must for me. In fact I don't know who 3/4 of the list are. Never heard of them. Also, the guy that runs the Eternal Con has been banned from NYCC for stealing stuff from other vendors during either setup or closing of the show. They have the guy on video doing it. Not going to give my money to a thief. Someone was also telling me that tickets had a $20 surcharge from ticketmaster or whomever was selling the tickets on line. Yeah...I don't think I will be going to any of his shows in the future. That being said...saving my money up for Terrific Con in Connecticut and Baltimore Comic Con. Mostly for Baltimore

Comment

• mego maniac mark
      Career Member
      • Aug 3, 2010

Thanks for that feedback Berto. I don't blame you for not going. Lee Meriwether is my only reason. Sorry I won't see you there
      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Negative as my events schedule has been cleared for the near future due to coughing up a lung $ wise at Mego Meet. I will however also be at terrificon Saturday. I have Lee Meriwether, but there's a different picture I'd like and she'll be at that too. The big selling point for is the "Adam West" tribute including the screening of the Batman '66 movie Saturday night. Seems like it will be a really fun show.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
          Career Member
          • Aug 3, 2010

Where is terrificon Mike?
          mego's befo ho's

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

Originally posted by mego maniac mark
            Where is terrificon Mike?

August 18 - 20 at the Mohegan Sun in Connecticut.

Comment

• Spyweb007
              Persistent Member
              • Apr 18, 2006

Too busy to make Eternal Con unfortunately, but might try and get to Terrificon in August!

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                Career Member
                • Jun 8, 2015

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                I looked at the list of Comic Book artists and writers and there is absolutely nobody on the list that is a must for me. In fact I don't know who 3/4 of the list are. Never heard of them. Also, the guy that runs the Eternal Con has been banned from NYCC for stealing stuff from other vendors during either setup or closing of the show. They have the guy on video doing it. Not going to give my money to a thief. Someone was also telling me that tickets had a $20 surcharge from ticketmaster or whomever was selling the tickets on line. Yeah...I don't think I will be going to any of his shows in the future. That being said...saving my money up for Terrific Con in Connecticut and Baltimore Comic Con. Mostly for Baltimore

HI Berto, by any chance is this Micheal Carbonnaro, that your talking about? I cant stand that guy. For decades I have dealt with him at Wizard World and San Diego. A real Huckster-con man. someone to avoid.

ALSO!

How is Baltimore con? Is it a good show for OLD comics, OLD TOYS??? I don't think I am going to San Diego this year and was thinking of going to another show, Baltimore, Long Beach and San Francisco are possibilities. Please let me know what I can expect at Baltimore, thanks, Berto!!

Jorge.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎