Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superfriends Series 6 on S-types (except Braniac and Sinestro)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Superfriends Series 6 on S-types (except Braniac and Sinestro)

Well my wave arrived and the conversion was somewhat a pain,but successful on 2 figures. Brainiac I wanted to transfer, but with the legs skin tone,I have no choice.

Sinestro is the most awful figure of the entire line because of the crappy skinny body (and yes it's worse than the female body).I attempted a mod on the S-type and it would work after the body gets modded thinner,but Sinestro looks amazing on the S-type,but I could not make it work for the suit to fit.What was FTC thinking using that garbage thin body for him??? Would of been a perfect Sinestro (with the exception of the fist with ring that he should of gotten like GL did). Scarecrow also uses the crappy thin body,but I was able to fit his clothes

Anyway here is some pics

100_8221.jpg100_8223.jpg100_8224.jpg
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

NICE! They all look fantastic - the Type S body is such boon to customizing like this. Love those figures, Teemu!
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• drogge
      Career Member
      • Jul 24, 2009

I have these in hand, although much critizied , I feel they look mostly good. Brainiac does have that big repurposed head from the earlier Superman series release Luther but the costume is nice. Sinestro is in scale, missing his ring though. Luther's head is in scale, nice new sculpt and great costume. Scarecrows head is in scale and I really like the cloth hat. These seem to fit in well with the other Superfriend releases. According to the back of the card art, there are just a few left, Black Manta, Giganta, Grood, Solomon Grudy, and Hawkman. I am hoping these will be manufactured.
      Last edited by drogge; Jun 25, '17, 3:28 AM.

Comment

• Ivaniski
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 24, 2007

Like always...You did an Amazing Job transferring them to S-Type bodies. Now they look more legit.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

The skinny body is incredibly shoddy. I ordered one for a custom and was shocked.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            The skinny body is incredibly shoddy. I ordered one for a custom and was shocked.
            That figures! One of the things we most request...Just how bad is he? Are we talking "He makes thier earlier India made bodies look good" bad? Or are we talking it's "Bad but if you basically want to rebuild a body its a good starting point" bad?

Good thing I stocked up on a lot of Type-1 AJ bodies then...those make for the best skinny people customs IMHO.
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^I'd say the latter, but I didn't really want to rebuild a body.

I'm wondering of it can be combined with a T1.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Timothy2251
                NICE! They all look fantastic - the Type S body is such boon to customizing like this. Love those figures, Teemu!
                Thank you

Originally posted by drogge
                I have these in hand, although much critizied , I feel they look mostly good. Brainiac does have that big repurposed head from the earlier Superman series release Luther but the costume is nice. Sinestro is in scale, missing his ring though. Luther's head is in scale, nice new sculpt and great costume. Scarecrows head is in scale and I really like the cloth hat. These seem to fit in well with the other Superfriend releases. According to the back of the card art, there are just a few left, Black Manta, Giganta, Grood, Solomon Grudy, and Hawkman. I am hoping these will be manufactured.
                Sinestro is not in scale on that skinny body (trust me) and he looks more in scale and amazing on the S-type...the problem is the suit!

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                Like always...You did an Amazing Job transferring them to S-Type bodies. Now they look more legit.
                Thank you again

The skinny body is an unposeable piece of garbage. They need to stop using it. They ruined Sinestro by putting him on it

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Maybe use a Mattel Sinestro bodysuit?

Comment

• Teemu
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 15, 2010

Maybe use a Mattel Sinestro bodysuit?
                    looking at that option,but it's so different in design....I feel like it would look off in comparison to the other SF counterparts

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                      learning all the time
                      • Sep 15, 2010

that's a great full lineup!
                      they look fantastic

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

For the interested. Sinestro on S-type,but the costume won't fit or seal in the back. plus I tore the suit lol

100_8225.jpg

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^Is the head painted instead of cast in the right color??
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Teemu
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            ^^^Is the head painted instead of cast in the right color??
                            It is casted in the right color...the picture shine just makes it look painted

Comment

• tllgn
                              Persistent Member
                              • Feb 6, 2010

Just got superfriends #6 .lex is the best.but their all quite nice.if braniacs head was a normal size he would have been great.sinestro and scarecrow also suffer from gigantism but not as bad as poor braniac.and when they do another version with a cured head ill get that one.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎