X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wise guy
    Career Member
    • Dec 29, 2014

Figures should do Fantastic 4 remegos

I know Diamond is doing Marvel remegos but at 1 or 2 a year is too slow for an old guy like me, and Fantastic 4 are not high up on the their wish list.
    Figures already has Invisible woman parts, and a orange muscle body that needs rock arms. Is it possible that they could get the rights like Sony
    one at a time? wave 1 original set with new slightly different colors
    wave 2 Dr. Doom, Thing in pants, Medusa, 1/2 Johnny / 1/2 Torch
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

Can you imagine the size of the heads if they did? Bad enough that their IG sculpt has zombie eyes, it's too big as well. If they do the guys, their heads will be even MORE out of scale. I say no.
    JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ What she said, they need to get the head issue resolved before they take on any new work. It needs to get fixed before they ship anymore. I know it won't but it should.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• wise guy
        Career Member
        • Dec 29, 2014

Your probably right a giant squishy thing head would suck but at least they coud do
        Modok, The Leader, and Quasimodo in scale

Comment

• Brown Bear
          Still Old School
          • Feb 14, 2008

I would love to see FTC make F4 figs but I assume Diamond wouldn't allow it.

Be interesting to see their take on Thing.
          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• tiinacat
            Museum Patron
            • Feb 4, 2015

Actually, since they were mint on actual Mego figures I assume their F4 would be dead on as well

Comment

• Teemu
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 15, 2010

FTC can't do Marvel

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

^They can barely do DC.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• argent007
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 7, 2005

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                  ^They can barely do DC.
                  Bwahahahahaha.
                  My Updated Want List:
                  Comic book original art
                  1970s Hulk or Spider-man metal garbage can
                  Custom Mego Nexus, Grendel

Have lots of comics and Marvel Legends figures for trades. Thanks!

Comment

• jayraytee
                    Career Member
                    • May 27, 2011

^They can barely do DC.
                    Bingo! The only things they have done that were ok, were the reissues of the original DC megos. Even though quality on those was less than what Mego did in the 70s. So they were kind of like overpriced reissue knock offs. I tried hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, knowing their very cheap crappy product from before they got the DC license. But they consistently performed far less than the benefit I was giving them.

I said this originally and I believe it more now than ever, by flooding us with inferior Mego-esque product I think they've pretty much secured the fate of re-mego DC figures as to be never made again. I believe they have severely tarnished the format to the point that no other company that actually has quality control will remake these figures in the future. I don't think anyone will ever want to pick up that rotten old deflated ball ever again.

I know they won''t, but my wish is that FTC stop making mego style figures at all.
                    My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Many of the Batman '66 were nice. Their soft-goods are generally very good. Some of the Super-Friends are great. And I can't fault much of the reissues, barring the poor oven-mitts.

But their original DC stuff is mostly awful.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by jayraytee
                        Bingo! The only things they have done that were ok, were the reissues of the original DC megos. Even though quality on those was less than what Mego did in the 70s. So they were kind of like overpriced reissue knock offs. I tried hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, knowing their very cheap crappy product from before they got the DC license. But they consistently performed far less than the benefit I was giving them.

I said this originally and I believe it more now than ever, by flooding us with inferior Mego-esque product I think they've pretty much secured the fate of re-mego DC figures as to be never made again. I believe they have severely tarnished the format to the point that no other company that actually has quality control will remake these figures in the future. I don't think anyone will ever want to pick up that rotten old deflated ball ever again.

I know they won''t, but my wish is that FTC stop making mego style figures at all.
                        This is the last hurrah for anything 8" mego...in 10-20 years,nobody is gonna care,especially through each decade of upcoming generation.Once I get my final pieces in the 66 Batman/Superfriends lines,there is a good chance I won't be buying much of anything FTC anymore. My money will go to Martin (DD)

Many of the Batman '66 were nice. Their soft-goods are generally very good. Some of the Super-Friends are great. And I can't fault much of the reissues, barring the poor oven-mitts.

But their original DC stuff is mostly awful.
                        This ^^^

66 Batman is above all the rest of what they've done and Superfriends are pretty good too (with the exception of the crappy bodies they use for any of these)

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by wise guy
                          I know Diamond is doing Marvel remegos but at 1 or 2 a year is too slow for an old guy like me, and Fantastic 4 are not high up on the their wish list.
                          Figures already has Invisible woman parts, and a orange muscle body that needs rock arms. Is it possible that they could get the rights like Sony
                          one at a time? wave 1 original set with new slightly different colors
                          wave 2 Dr. Doom, Thing in pants, Medusa, 1/2 Johnny / 1/2 Torch
                          I for one don't want to see them ruin any more lines with bad sculpts and oversized heads. They shouldn't be allowed to go near them.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 4, 2011

^They can barely do DC.

Comment

• TRDouble
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jayraytee

I think it's kind of harsh to say that FTC hasn't done anything good except, "overpriced reissue knock offs."

I know it's all opinionated, but I think FTC has done some great figures besides the 1966 Batman series, including Green Lantern, The Flash, Nightwing, Cyborg, Two-Face, Purple Dress Catwoman, Pirate Catwoman, Scarecrow, Plastic Man, Jimmy Olsen, Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel Junior, Harry Potter, The Skipper, Santa Claus, just from what I own. Some of the Super Friends have been very good too.

There have been some missteps; some "almost had it!," figures, like the new Batgirl and Captain Boomerang.

But, unfortunately, there have been too many flat out messes, whether it be gigantic heads (or terrible sculpts), paint app quality, or the crappy bodies. If FTC can't fix and give us consistently quality bodies after all this time, I guess expecting consistently correctly sized heads was a pipe dream.

I don't think what FTC has done has set back the ReMego movement. I was just looking at an old picture of my cheaply acquired Famous Cover figures... woof! There is a reason they were cheaply acquired! Yet, Hasbro made their DC & Marvel Re-Megos (The Marvels came out after Famous Cover), Mattel made their Retro Heroes, Bif! Bang! Pow!, EMCE Toys, NECA, DST... they all still jumped into the ReMego fray.

If anything, I think FTC has taken advantage of a toy community that is both always hungry for ReMegos and that may have the largest group of customizers of all toy communities. Mattel and Toy Biz has by no means knocked every DC or Marvel Legends figure out the park, but those collectors either live with it or don't buy the offending figures; not a whole lot of them customize them, 'fix' them, or improve upon the actual figure itself. That's all the ReMego community does! Maybe because it's so easy, even for the novice, to just to buy parts, mix and match pieces, get a little help from the community if necessary... and now you have the figure you really wanted! Heck, FTC benefits from their mess ups too, thanks to the CTVT store and their plethora of parts!

And then the other side, the community that is always hungry for ReMegos, is scared that if we don't buy them, these will go away; that buying sometimes sub-standard product and fixing them, is better than having no product at all.

The ReMego community is why FTC gets away with Solomon Gundys and Series 5 Batmans, mixed in with the Green Lanterns and Two-Faces.

Reading comments here, maybe the feeling is shifting to No Product is better than Crappy Product. But we all know that the voices that post here are the minority, like most toy message boards. While FTC continues to pump out DC product, they stopped making Harry Potter figures after just three figures. That makes me believe that money does talk. And that enough people are still buying enough DC product to make it worthwhile for FTC to keep making them, the good, the bad and the in-between.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎