Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

I don't understand how filming could progress so far if the producers and executives were unhappy with the results. I am wondering how the Director's credit will read on the final film.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

i suspect there are going to me extensive reshoots on this

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Bat
        I'd rather see Ron take the reigns on a Obi Wan trilogy staring Ewan McGregor.
        What would that consist of? 3 movies of Ben hanging around the desert complaining about how dry it is?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mego Milk
          Custom Mego Maker
          • Jun 3, 2007

YES!!!!

Go! Go! Go!!!

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Not one actor from those prequel abominations Lucas directed, should ever be rehired again for a Star Wars movie...and that includes Ewan McGregor.
            sigpic

Comment

• phil
              Persistent Member
              • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
              i suspect there are going to me extensive reshoots on this
              I think that is a reasonable suspicion. They wouldn't have brought in such a big name director to simply finish the film.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Ewan McGregor already appeared in Force Awakens... and what with McGregor's incredible rep standing in for Alec Guinness, seeds are already sown for the inevitable full-blown Obi-Wan film (or trilogy) starring McGregor and what will undoubtedly be one of Disney's biggest blockbuster Star Wars releases.

And as far as Howard in for the Han Solo film?

It comes down to Disney/Lucasfilm knowing that a big name director will help counter some of the inevitable bad taste in the public's mouths from seeing the original directors ousted because they couldn't help themselves from making the Solo film too much of a comedy.
                Last edited by huedell; Jun 25, '17, 10:34 PM.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

It's also interesting that Howard's last two films were hardly blockbusters and that he was available to take over the film. Perhaps his involvement is part of a deal to get a film of his own made.
                  Last edited by phil; Jun 26, '17, 5:35 AM.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    What would that consist of? 3 movies of Ben hanging around the desert complaining about how dry it is?

Use your imagination...He doesn't have to watch Luke 24/7...he could go off on adventures. Geezz
                    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                      Not one actor from those prequel abominations Lucas directed, should ever be rehired again for a Star Wars movie...and that includes Ewan McGregor.
                      Oh, come'on Hector...get over it! Say all the bad things you want about the prequels, but Ewan McGregor wasn't the problem! In fact, he was GREAT as Obiwan(especially the 3rd one). He was the best thing about those movies.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by huedell
                        Ewan McGregor already appeared in Force Awakens... and what with McGregor's incredible rep standing in for Alec Guinness, seeds are already sown for the inevitable full-blown Obi-Wan film (or trilogy) starring McGregor and what will undoubtedly be one of Disney's biggest blockbuster Star Wars releases

RIGHT ON Hue! We both know it's true...they'd be BLOCK BUSTERS!
                        sigpic

Comment

• greensavage2000
                          Veteran Member
                          • Aug 9, 2013

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                          And the heat! Don't forget the heat! Add in a nice little sub-plot of "What's up with this itching?"
                          Right there's​ your movie.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
                            RIGHT ON Hue! We both know it's true...they'd be BLOCK BUSTERS!
                            Seriously... even tho' I myself am not too keen on the prequels, praise for McGregor's Kenobi was universal (from me included).

And I can't help but think that, following "the big three", McGregor was the guy Disney most had their eyes set on to sell a Star Wars film...

...difference being that McGregor would be the actual lead (as opposed to functioning bridging the saga to Ridley).

That said (for a bit of fun):

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                            And the heat! Don't forget the heat! Add in a nice little sub-plot of "What's up with this itching?"
                            [Obi-Wan is accosted by Walrus Man, accompanied by Dr. Evazan.]

Evazan: He doesn't like the heat.
                            Obi-Wan: I don't make the weather. Besides, it's a dry heat.
                            Evazan: I like your take on weather! You must watch the Weather Channel! We're moisture-vaporator repair men. Tatooine is the least humid planet in twelve systems!
                            Obi-Wan: Still, you must be careful.
                            Evazan: Yeah! If you have a biology more suitable for oceans...
                            [Dr. Evazan indicates Walrus Man.]
                            Evazan (cont.): ...and not properly hydrated while on the job, you'll be dead!
                            [Obi-Wan, speaking to Dr. Evazan nods toward Walrus Man.]
                            Obi-Wan: This over-heated one's not worth losing to sunstroke. Now let me get him some blue water.
                            [Dr. Evazan shrugs politely. Walrus Man smiles at Obi-Wan]

end scene!

Evazan:
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

i have no desire to rewatch the Prequels in full, but I really did enjoy McGregor as Obi Wan. I'd really like to see him play the character in a GOOD movie.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                                Hi Ernie!!!
                                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by greensavage2000
                                But its a dry heat. Maybe Obi-Wan hooking up with a Sand lady. Maybe sharing a cave with Jar Jar, they could be the original odd couple.
                                Last edited by thunderbolt; Jun 26, '17, 5:00 PM.
                                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎