X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
    Not one actor from those prequel abominations Lucas directed, should ever be rehired again for a Star Wars movie...and that includes Ewan McGregor.
    Jimmy Smits (AOTC, ROTS) and Genevieve O'Reilly (ROTS) have already reprised their roles of Bail Organa and Mon Mothma in "Rogue One".
    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by The Bat
      Oh, come'on Hector...get over it! Say all the bad things you want about the prequels, but Ewan McGregor wasn't the problem! In fact, he was GREAT as Obiwan(especially the 3rd one). He was the best thing about those movies.
      Yes, he was the best thing about the prequels...but that was entirely a different production with a different studio altogether.

Oh, and I agree with T-Bolt on that Ford impersonator, that's all he is, a lookalike impersonator...you need a professional actor with actual credentials...which the current actor playing Solo is...not some YouTube pseudo celebrity.

I saw that dude in that Age of Adeline bit...he was not acting, he was impersonating, big difference...and it was rather a cringe-worthy scene...he would be laughed outta the theater with that shtick...works for YouTube, not for the silver screen...

And as you "eloquently" told me to "get over it"...you too should 'get over it"...because your mini Rich Little Jr will never be in a Star Wars movie, ever...

Last edited by Hector; Jun 26, '17, 5:36 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
        Jimmy Smits (AOTC, ROTS) and Genevieve O'Reilly (ROTS) have already reprised their roles of Bail Organa and Mon Mothma in "Rogue One".
        You got me...

Ok, let Ewan McGregor be Obi Wan again in the new Star Wars flicks...as long as that low-budget YouTube Rich Little is not even hired for sandwich boy at film set lunch brakes...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

That's the type of responses you get from me for telling me to"get over it"...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I like the Prequels better than Rogue One.

We oldsters are going to have to accept that the kids who grew up with Phantom Menace are now in their 20s, and that's a powerful demographic that Disney shouldn't, and probably won't ignore.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Actually the best thing about the prequels was not Ewan McGregor...it was Ray Park's Darth Maul.
                sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
                  That's the type of responses you get from me for telling me to"get over it"...

I didn't mean it to come off as mean Hector...I guess I should have added a smiley icon. Still disagree with you on the kid, but hey...if I get Ewan as Obiwan I'll be happy.

P.S. Darth Maul was FREAKIN' Awesome!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

I didn't mean it to come off as mean Hector...I guess I should have added a smiley icon. Still disagree with you on the kid, but hey...if I get Ewan as Obiwan I'll be happy.

P.S. Darth Maul was FREAKIN' Awesome!
                    Man, I'm just kidding...don't worry...

You and I agree on most things anyway.

I wouldn't mind McGregor coming back as Obi Wan, he was one of the few bright spots in the prequels.

The other one was Darth Maul of course...we are in total agreement here...

sigpic

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                      Often invisible
                      • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by YoungOnce
                      That said, Star Wars has an established tone that has stood the test of time. I'd be hesitant to let a director get too far away from the formula too.
                      I agree with this statement. Rogue One strayed from that formula and I feel it suffered because of it. I found the characters flat and uninteresting and that made the movie boring to me. I already know they "get the thing to the thing"

There was a fair amount of humor in the original trillogy, most of it delivered by Han Solo. If any character could carry a humorous movie, it would be him.
                      I think a movie in the vein of "Ghostbusters" or "Raiders" or "Rocketeer" as far as humor goes could be fantastic for Han Solo. A devil-may-care character in a real threatening situation. It could totally work.

Now, I don't care for the slapstick that Jar Jar delivered. If that's where they were going with it, then I would rather they just didn't.
                      Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

Am I the only one who wants a cameo by Clint Howard in full Balok regallia, slogging down Tronya in a cantina somewhere in this film? Make it happen Ron!!!

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                          I agree with this statement. Rogue One strayed from that formula and I feel it suffered because of it. I found the characters flat and uninteresting and that made the movie boring to me. I already know they "get the thing to the thing"
                          Agreed, I can't name a single character in the film. It's like hot english girl, two unshaven guys with accents, blind Asian dude, Asian dude with big gun, sassy robot. Seriously, all I've got.

The original trilogy for all of it's hardware and flash, had great characters. Very little of the post films have, the only reason anybody remembers a prequel character is because a) They're trilogy characters b) they're visually striking or c) you hate them.
                          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine/Sidious) was also one of the highlights of the prequels for me. Awesome performance, particularly in Episode III.

I really hope they make a Boba Fett standalone movie at some point, and I hope they get Joe Johnston to direct it. He's a solid director and his historical connection to the Boba Fett character makes him an even more ideal choice.
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Rogue One was an enjoyable movie, but once I've seen it...I'm pretty much good. I'm sure I'll watch it again eventually, but I'm in no hurry.

I much prefer Force Awakens because it gave us some characters to care about and root for. Criticisms about it copying the first film are honestly valid, but I don't really care because I got invested in those characters and those actors.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• jayraytee
                                Career Member
                                • May 27, 2011

I still boycotting the movie because they passed on Anthony Ingruber ....he was the PERFECT choice for Han Solo. He even played the young Harrison Ford in "Age of Adeline." The guy was a fan favorite....had about a million and a half fans on YouTube. Total BUMMER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bba_...w47N&index=106
                                Unfortunately i think this movie will be a disaster on so many levels. Casting is a big part of it. They picked the wrong actor for Han Solo... Woody Harelson is part of the cast, I mean come on. I'm just surprised Kathleen Kennedy didn't somehow cast a female in the lead role of the Han solo movie.
                                My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎