Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boshek
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 26, 2011

It is kind of funny reading how many people are done with FTC and I am just getting started, Grundy included!
    Check out my YouTube page

Comment

• VintageMike
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 16, 2004

I'll wait for the Superfriends version.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 12, 2004

If people didn't continue to buy these big headed monstrosities, with their numerous quality control issues, FTC might decide to solve this problem once and for all.

There's absolutely no excuse for this sort of complete disregard other than the fact they just don't care.

These classic characters that we've treasured since our childhoods deserve better.

Comment

• mego
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 16, 2012

I just think that he doesn't look like Solomon Grundy at all. Not the pre SF version, not any other version. Maybe a back-from-the-dead Brian Jones?

Comment

• scott metzger
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 9, 2007

Not understanding the thought process here, if there is any. They already have a white deluxe muscular body available; they did a run on it, and it's on the other site as we speak. So why make a blue head (this tint has only shown up in recent times, mostly in animated form from what I've seen) on a specially made blue body? The oversized head would probably look half-way decent on the bigger body size-wise, and they have to know that is what the fans were expecting. Honestly, the idea of Grundy showing up on a regular body never crossed my mind given the circumstances. As far as the headsculpt, the face is passable, but soft. It's the mod hairstyle that really kills it; there's just too much hair plopped on his head. Definitely holding off on this one until I see if anyone can transfer the clothes to the big body (which looks highly doubtful). I could see getting one and re-painting the face white, but...I just don't know. For a Mego nut like me to be passing on so much of this stuff says a lot about the quality, or rather lack of it, we're seeing now. Still haven't gotten the evil Super Friends, Batson, the new Shazam stuff, the space Ghost stuff, and not sure what of that I'll actually wind up getting. outright passed on the poor excuse for a Barry Allen outright. I mean, this is Mego, my favorite toys of all time; I should be scarfing these up as soon as they hit, and getting multiples for customs. The fact I'm not shows just how bad a job FTC is doing lately.

Comment

• jeffbearco
              Persistent Member
              • Mar 27, 2011

I'm suspecting this is the first pass at Grundy and later on we will see him in white on the large body. I'm betting the normal body was easier to do because they already have clothes that will fit. They may very well have re-used clothes they already had and just cut the sleeves and legs up. But so far, we don't have any clothes and especially shoes for the bigger body, at least not that we have seen on the CTVT site. That may be the reason for the delay on getting him out properly.

So I probably won't get this Grundy, but I like the potential I see in it for a bigger, better Grundy coming up.

I feel the same for a few of other figures. Mainly I want to see them do a mask-less Beast Boy in red and white (same scale), and I want to see them use the new TT Robin head for an adult, pre-Nightwing for the NTT line. I also expect they will churn out a Deluxe Joker figure on the skinny body and an actual purple suit (not printed) with trenchcoat. Joker's original Mego head is still pretty much ideal! They already have the parts to do all of these. That's why I'm not customizing them myself. I figure it is only a matter of time before they do these themselves.

Lots of potential. It is just a matter of time for all of these.

JeffBearCO

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎