Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

I am a mego guy ,i just like the idea that mego style figures are being done,once FTC moves on to something else ,the format may never be used again,and if
    a company does in 15-20 years ,most of us will be to old to care .Mego also had their problems in making figures ,large heads (chips,daisy)zombies ,and
    of course figures that were not screen correct like the gorn ,they were just making toys .FTC i think for the most part has done a wonderful job with
    the format .Like every one else BIF BANG POW,EMCE DIAMOND.they have goofed as well oversized heads ,undersized heads .wobbly heads -it comes
    with the territory .as a kidult i may not like the way a charactor comes out ,but if you dont like it ,dont buy it .i bought a Grundy ,i think of it as a
    off-gorn type of thing .like i felt about bizarro ,but the SF one was much nicer .perhaps Grundy SF will be better .this is just another interpretation of the
    charactor ,and its interesting .also got a stan lee .

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by thunderbolt
      Like the Trickster and Boomerang? Ugghh. He looked pretty good, too. I wish they would stop with the nonsense. Its not like these are cheap little items, 30 bucks for what amounts to cutting corners and settling for whatever the factory sends you is a bit much.
      My figures arrive today,but I am pretty ****ed about it especially,as you said, $30 a pop

Losing interest very fast....after 66 Catwoman,66 Goons, Sf Hawkman,Grodd and Grundy...I think I will be done with FTC

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by tllgn
        I am a mego guy ,i just like the idea that mego style figures are being done,once FTC moves on to something else ,the format may never be used again,and if a company does in 15-20 years ,most of us will be to old to care.
        I've thought this since the start, but it's what causes me to be so frustrated by their approach. IMO, if they didn't focus on the kidult collector they may have better results.

Comment

• garfoot
          Museum Patron
          • Aug 28, 2012

I received my Super Friends series 5 today. I agree that Brainiac's head is too big, and Lex Luthor's eyes look strange. I see that they put out a Mego carded Grundy. Does anyone know if they plan on making Giganta, or Grundy on larger bodies? I read an article that they developed a larger body for Grood, but since Apache Chief was regular size my guess will be that only Grood will be larger. My guess for series 6 is Giganta, Grundy, Manta, and Hawkman all regular size figures, then deluxe size Grodd will be sold by himself. Hope I'm wrong, but they seem to be cutting corners with this series.

Comment

• garfoot
            Museum Patron
            • Aug 28, 2012

I just went back to Plastic Memory's March 10th interview with FTC head man Anthony Balasco for some questions I had.
            I pasted the Super Friends portion of the interview here.

PM: Fans are ga-ga over Wendy and Marvin... but where's Wonder Dog?
            Wonder Dog: MIA

AB: We could see him in the future, but Wonder Dog's not definite yet.

PM: Any plans for more heroes? What about "guest-stars" like Green Arrow or Rima the Jungle Girl?

AB: None are planned right now.

PM: Card backs for the Super Friends show Legion of Doom members Solomon Grundy and Gorilla Grodd? Will figures for these foes have a new, larger body?

AB: Yes, our new muscular body Grodd look great!

So my guess is that only Grodd gets the larger body treatment.

Comment

• tllgn
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 6, 2010

Giganta would most likely be on the "12" female body they sell ,not the daisy thing,but the articulated body which is not bad .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by tllgn
                Giganta would most likely be on the "12" female body they sell ,not the daisy thing,but the articulated body which is not bad .
                Knowing FTC she will probably end up 8 inches tall with a Daisy Duke head. They have to clear out all those unsold Poison Ivy heads somehow.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by argent007
                  FTC has been making it really easy to not give them my money. Sheesh.
                  Agreed

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                    Radioactive!
                    • Feb 13, 2010

Since Apache Chief came on the 8-inch body I can't imagine FTC even considering a 12-inch body for Giganta.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Frankly I'd like to see Giganta on an 8" male body with some...enhancements.

Ed Nagy's version was inspired.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• darkbros
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by PNGwynne

Link to picture please?
                        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Here is the link to Ed's Giganta:http://megomuseum.com/community/show...hlight=Giganta

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Thanks Doc.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Teemu
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                              Frankly I'd like to see Giganta on an 8" male body with some...enhancements.

Well,she does look like a man

Comment

• Mego Milk
                                Custom Mego Maker
                                • Jun 3, 2007

dang.

I kinda like him.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰