X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

Mattel gives Ken new body types.

The Barbie Fashionistas line adds slim, broad and original body types for Ken as well as wide variety of hair and skin tone choices.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Cool! Is there a breakdown of Matty's new Ken and Barbie body styles? They all look so similar on the shelf.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 20, '17, 5:17 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

All they need to do is make him as articulated as the flexible Barbie in the yoga clothing.
      JediJaida

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        Cool! Is there a breakdown of Matty's new Ken and Barbie body styles?
        Here you go.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

Honestly, they're not for me and I personally could have done without Mattel ever making a "man bun" Ken. But I'm still happy for people that like them.

Comment

• Brown Bear
            Still Old School
            • Feb 14, 2008

As my Dad would say.... "Sign of the times"
            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Well, they do look like people in their twenties, I sat behind some of these people on my plane ride back from Mego Meet.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Cindy was lamenting the "man bun" last night.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                  As my Dad would say.... "Sign of the times"
                  Yep and why not? Because Ken was always adapted to Babies' milieu. Crew-cut flocking, anyone?
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                    Creature Of The Night
                    • May 14, 2011

I like that yellow plaid shirt, will be keeping an eye out for that.

Comment

• The Re-Rooter
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 13, 2016

I find the man-bun hilariously awesome.
                      Barbie has always been a time capsule for fashion, so I think it is a great representation of current trends even if I personally am not a fan.
                      I dig the Broad body, Ken finally looks like a man and much less emo! I find the molded hair super annoying, I will have to put a head on him that can be re-rooted.

-Diana

Comment

• apes3978
                        Permanent Member
                        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        Honestly, they're not for me and I personally could have done without Mattel ever making a "man bun" Ken.
                        When they reported this story on the news last night, off camera, the weatherman must have kind of chuckled or something when the newscaster read "man bun", because she was like "Yes Patrick, a man bun"...

Originally posted by Werewolf
                        But I'm still happy for people that like them.

This strategy must be working, because they reported that sales for Barbie herself went up 7% when they did a similar thing to this to her a while back, so yeah, people must like this...

Comment

• Boywonder0
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          Cool! Is there a breakdown of Matty's new Ken and Barbie body styles? They all look so similar on the shelf.
                          What Scott said!

Comment

• Werewolf
                            Inhuman
                            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by The Re-Rooter
                            Ken finally looks like a man and much less emo!
                            What about Crystal Ken? He was The Handsomest Ken Ever! Said so right on the box.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Well, Man-Bun Ken is a good shortcut for a Super Friends Samurai custom if nothing else. ;-)

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎