X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Carrie Fisher autopsy results

I really loved her but I'm so damn mad at her right now...

She had cocaine, heroin, opiates and ecstasy in her system. Good grief...

WHY WHY WHY do people do this to themselves?

I just don't get it.
    Last edited by enyawd72; Jun 20, '17, 10:45 AM.
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

I'm not shocked. Addiction is hell.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
      Moderation Engineer
      • Aug 14, 2003

Addiction sucks. I have never understood why a coroner's report on a private citizen is anyone's business. There are a lot of rotten people in the world who have never tasted alcohol or any other drug, and plenty of great people who managed to screw themselves over with drugs and alcohol. I have read a ton of nasty things written about her since the report became public, and I wish those people would all go crawl under a rock.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Not really surprising considering she was admitted druggie from way back.

Comment

• Iron Mego
          Wake Up Heavy
          • Jan 31, 2010

In most states autopsy reports are public records, so when a famous person dies you're going to find out the cause of death, whether you want to or not.
          Wake Up Heavy Podcast

Find me on Twitter

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Iron Mego
            In most states autopsy reports are public records, so when a famous person dies you're going to find out the cause of death, whether you want to or not.
            That's what I mean, I don't agree that it should be public record. While we're alive there are all kinds of safeguards to protect our privacy, and then we die and it's open season. Our friends and families are left behind to deal with the aftermath.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
              Often invisible
              • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
              Addiction sucks. I have never understood why a coroner's report on a private citizen is anyone's business. There are a lot of rotten people in the world who have never tasted alcohol or any other drug, and plenty of great people who managed to screw themselves over with drugs and alcohol. I have read a ton of nasty things written about her since the report became public, and I wish those people would all go crawl under a rock.
              I'm so with you. I'm willing to bet everyone has a member of their family that struggles or struggled with addiction. What happened with Carrie is very sad.
              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I agree it's no one's business and shouldn't be released to the public. It is sad that she didn't conquer her demons despite it being touted that she did.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

I was talking with Tom (MIB41) about this subject matter yesterday. I told him maybe she received a prognosis from the medical community that only could end with pain and suffering and she used the only ways she knew of to end her life while she still had control. Yeah, not the best way to be remembered, but there is so much about people, even celebrities, that we don't know and really don't have any reason to know. Agreed that autopsy results really should only be shared among family members...
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• JediJaida
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 14, 2008

I knew that she'd had problems with drugs in the past, but I didn't know that she was still having them this late in life. Poor thing. I really admired her when I was a teenager and to a certain extent, I still do.

It takes an awfully large amount of chutzpah to get up in front of a camera, or on a stage, in a costume, and pretend that you are someone else, and try to make other people not only believe it, but love you for it.

I could never do that, as I can't abide that kind of attention.

I'm sorry that she was still battling her demons, but I'm even sorrier that some dope had to go spreading the autopsy report for all and sundry to read.
                    JediJaida

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Yeah, it's pretty uncool for them to release the autopsy, doubly uncool for the media to try to cash in with clicks using that info. Just let us love her as we remember her for what she represents to us--we don't need to know every detail and no good comes from forcing us to see the person "warts and all," as if that's going to save lives or something.

Comment

• great_chandel
                        Veteran Member
                        • Mar 2, 2015

That is why most obituaries written in newspapers no longer list the cause of death. It is done out of privacy..............

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

It's my understanding her brother Todd didn't want it released.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

She clearly had a deathwish. It's hard for me to understand since so few can be successful in the entertainment industry and characters like Princess Leia mean so much to fans. In the end her addiction was too strong.

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

She owned her struggle with addiction and her candidness inspired others to seek help, while living, she did a lot of good. I know people that she touched whilst getting sober.

She also didn't die of an overdose, those things didn't help for certain but what killed her are things some of us do here. She had untreated apnea which lead to heart disease, due to her sedentary lifestyle and poor daily choices.

I cringed while watching her recent documentary every time she got a "Coke and Smoke", which was constant.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎