X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by palitoy
    She owned her struggle with addiction and her candidness inspired others to seek help, while living, she did a lot of good. I know people that she touched whilst getting sober.

She also didn't die of an overdose, those things didn't help for certain but what killed her are things some of us do here. She had untreated apnea which lead to heart disease, due to her sedentary lifestyle and poor daily choices.

I cringed while watching her recent documentary every time she got a "Coke and Smoke", which was constant.
    So she didn't OD? I wish I hadn't commented before I read the actual story.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
      So she didn't OD? I wish I hadn't commented before I read the actual story.
      No, she had a heart attack and while the papers want to blame the drugs, the Coroner could find no substantial link. The main contributing factor is heart disease.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

She was honest and open about her shortcomings. Drugs, depression. I try not to judge and say "the drugs did it, why didn't she just stop using!"
        Because it isn't that easy. Addictions, going from hard drugs to "I drink two buckets of soda per day", mess with you.
        As said, drugs weren't the main cause of death. Apnea can kill. In this case, it did.
        I don't condone her choices, but I understand them.
        I liked her, and she was a real champion of SW and the fans. I prefered her attitude to Harrison Ford's, who constantly moaned about SW, that he wanted to leave it behind, but always came back (as he admitted himself) for money. During the TFA tour, they asked him "what does SW mean to you"? He answered, "a paycheck". Yeah, he's honest, too, but that doesn't make me like him for it.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

^What Gorn said.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡