Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Great looking suit, terrible head (size). This is why I don't order these figures early anymore. I'd rather wait to see what it looks like FOR REAL before I spend the money.

The bobble head thing is annoying. As I open my Super Friends, it's a mix of action figures and bobble heads.

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

Aside from the size of the head, the shape is off and it looks like a rough, unfinished sculpt.

FTC needs to hire a new sculptor.

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

Thats huge, why they do these things is beyond me. These figures are not worth the 30+ bucks, for two of these, U can buy a Mezco One series figure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The money FTC save me with these shoddy figures goes to vintage GI Joe, so thanks FTC!!!
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• lilbrosj66
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 4, 2011

Wow! Seriously? That is just...Seriously FTC? WTH? That head is beyond "oversized". Ridiculous.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              The money FTC save me with these shoddy figures goes to vintage GI Joe, so thanks FTC!!!
              I get it. The money I'm saving lately by NOT buying FTC's low quality product is going into my own customs and other vintage collectibles. I will no longer settle for sub-par quality.

Comment

• Your pal, Jim
                Museum Patron
                • Apr 3, 2015

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                Brainiac:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20893[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20894[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20895[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20896[/ATTACH]

Broke down and got this one despite the oversized noggin, which normally is a deal breaker for me, because Brainiac was my most wanted villain back in the day. The head is just as oversized as it looks and is extremely squishy. Oh, and it is also a very loose bobble-head. AND it has the same deformed look as their Luthor. All that aside, the body is solid and the suit is nicely tailored and fits well. The black lines on his head are just painted on but the "electrodes" are tiny metallic looking pieces glued on which give a nice three dimensional image. I'll swap the head out some day, but for now it is nice to have that long ago hole in my collection filled.
                Thanks for the pics!

But wait... is that the new Superman? Does he really look that good or did you fix him up?

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                  Radioactive!
                  • Feb 13, 2010

Yes, that's the new Superman. I removed the belt loops by turning the suit inside out and unraveled the threads holding them on, I removed the wires from the cape to get it to lay like I wanted, and I switched out his boots for the classic style. I'm very happy with how he turned out.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Yes, that's the new Superman. I removed the belt loops by turning the suit inside out and unraveled the threads holding them on, I removed the wires from the cape to get it to lay like I wanted, and I switched out his boots for the classic style. I'm very happy with how he turned out.
                    Love your work on Superman. I said in my first post announcing this figure, that I did not care for the boots. They are way too thick. While I can accept them on some version of the character, others not so much. So my first choice was standard Repro Mego. Second choice was red Blackbeard boots cut to shape. I love those CTVT multi-color Blackbeard boots.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 4, 2011

He looks so much better. Nicely done!

Comment

• scott metzger
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 9, 2007

Yikes. Brainy just took the biggest head trophy from Alfred. How in the world could anyone at FTC look at that and say, "Yeah we should sell that." Ridiculous doesn't even begin to cover it. And what's with the mediocre to crappy sculpts lately? The Batman '66 figures had some breathtaking work on them; the latest stuff, like the new Supes, look like poor mock-ups rather than finished products.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 24, 2007

I guess we should protest their "Crappy sculpts" by not purchasing them. FTC saved me alot of money lately...really don't like squash looking heads and humungous noggins. I mean even children that parents buy them Fisher price products at Toysrus...would not be interested in playing with these poor quality action figures by FTC.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                            I guess we should protest their "Crappy sculpts" by not purchasing them. FTC saved me alot of money lately...really don't like squash looking heads and humungous noggins. I mean even children that parents buy them Fisher price products at Toysrus...would not be interested in playing with these poor quality action figures by FTC.
                            I can't help but think of former member PlayerOnTheOtherSide and all the other die-hard FTC apologists when figures like Batgirl '66 and Brainiac are released. The days of "benefit of the doubt" with remego are long past IMO.

I"ve tried to be supportively optimistic and I get egg on my face most every time with these releases.

Thank goodness they part everything out, because IMO nothing says, "We don't really care" more than this Brainiac sculpt.
                            Last edited by PNGwynne; Jun 17, '17, 7:30 AM.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

^Pretty much. I mean, how in the world could anybody look at that and think, "Yeah, this looks good..."

An amateur customizer wouldn't even make something that bad.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                                Master of Fowl Play
                                • Jun 5, 2008

It's not a terrible base sculpt. Had they resized and resculpted it properly, it would have been a great figure.
                                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎