• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

SDCC exclusive RAH GI JOE Sears Cobra Missile Command center

OMG!! That is awesome!!

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...
  • Klosterheim
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 23, 2013

That is super cool! I recently only discovered the original playset on a G.I. Joe website.

Missed that one, maybe certain toys were only found on the West Coast.......

A reproduction is great!

Comment

• Teemu
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 15, 2010

LOL $50 for a piece if cardboard and re-paints

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

Neat idea, but recreating a cardboard playset (with new graphics apparently?) and tossing in a couple repaints/frankenjoes isn't the most exciting thing in the world to me. I need another Cobra Commander like I need another nipple.

But I'm perfectly fine missing this exclusive, so in that regards it's a winner. Only for those who really want it as opposed to something most want.

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

I kinda like how the box looks "aged". It's more pronounced on the back with the white sections have a yellow tint to them.

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
            I kinda like how the box looks "aged". It's more pronounced on the back with the white sections have a yellow tint to them.
            Yeah, it's the little details like that, that really makes it a fun set. They even used the old Hasbro logo.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

cool. I remember seeing that set at Sears back in the day. playset was rather lame but I remember wanting the Cobra figures

Comment

• nvmbrsdoom5
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 1, 2005

Oh man, I'd love to get this set. I had the original one and I loved it. I always had a hard time finding the Cobra and Cobra Officer figures back then so I was pretty happy they were included in the playset. I'm not able to go to SDCC this year but I hope I can get one of these (at a reasonable aftermarket price, that is).

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎