Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenner Indiana Jones on Sale

Plaid Stallions Kenner Indiana Jones on Sale

This piece literally fell out of a drawer this morning, I find it wonderful that some kid kept this clipping for 30 years until it landed on my desk.

For More Kenner Indiana Jones stuff, check out this page.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

I remember getting the JC Penney white box with 4 figures and the Well of Souls playset Christmas morning and declaring, "These are better than Star Wars figures!" and my parents gasping at the notion. It must have been that extra knee articulation, but I thought they were pretty swell. A fun line to collect.
    SELL ME YOUR LOOSE MINTY WONDER WOMAN!

Blog Entries
    Even though I'm not the world's biggest fan of the movie series, (don't hate it, just find it ok) I think these figures are great and I've been tempted on occasion to get them.

I do the same thing with Knickerbocker's LOTR series.....

Images
    Great figures with obviously terrible case assortments. Indy and Marion were always nearly impossible to find and Toht, German Mechanic and Cairo Swordsman clung to the pegs into the early 90s.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
    Great figures with obviously terrible case assortments. Indy and Marion were always nearly impossible to find and Toht, German Mechanic and Cairo Swordsman clung to the pegs into the early 90s.
    I wonder what the mindset was there to have less Indy than mostly non speaking characters. Did Kenner think that the Cairo Swordsman would be like a Storm Trooper and kids would buy multiples?

Edited to add; I just read that the line was actually buried by it's second case assortment, not it's first. So the first was probably pretty heavy on Indy. Still, he would be the most popular character......

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    IEdited to add; I just read that the line was actually buried by it's second case assortment, not it's first. So the first was probably pretty heavy on Indy. Still, he would be the most popular character......

From what I remember, The first assortment was kind of blink and you missed it. And, yes, the second wave was an absolute massive avalanche of peg warmers. I remember digging through huge bins of Indy figures at Kaybee trying to find the single Indy and Marion figures buried at the bottom.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Love this toy line

Images
    Kenner's case assortment problems also contributed to Super Powers early demise. Cases full of Penguin?

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Earth 2 Chris View Post
    Kenner's case assortment problems also contributed to Super Powers early demise. Cases full of Penguin?

Chris
    I remember that Kenner had tested the toys and believed the Flash would be the best selling character. It seems weird they wouldn't look at comic sales or the fact that the other characters had been on TV for decades.

Images
    I did not know that about Flash. That explains all the peg warming Flash figures I saw as kid. For many years I thought Flash and Darkseid were going to a permanent fixture at Kaybee.