X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Kenner Indiana Jones on Sale

This piece literally fell out of a drawer this morning, I find it wonderful that some kid kept this clipping for 30 years until it landed on my desk.

For More Kenner Indiana Jones stuff, check out this page.

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

I remember getting the JC Penney white box with 4 figures and the Well of Souls playset Christmas morning and declaring, "These are better than Star Wars figures!" and my parents gasping at the notion. It must have been that extra knee articulation, but I thought they were pretty swell. A fun line to collect.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Even though I'm not the world's biggest fan of the movie series, (don't hate it, just find it ok) I think these figures are great and I've been tempted on occasion to get them.

I do the same thing with Knickerbocker's LOTR series.....
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Great figures with obviously terrible case assortments. Indy and Marion were always nearly impossible to find and Toht, German Mechanic and Cairo Swordsman clung to the pegs into the early 90s.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• palitoy
          • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Werewolf
          Great figures with obviously terrible case assortments. Indy and Marion were always nearly impossible to find and Toht, German Mechanic and Cairo Swordsman clung to the pegs into the early 90s.
          I wonder what the mindset was there to have less Indy than mostly non speaking characters. Did Kenner think that the Cairo Swordsman would be like a Storm Trooper and kids would buy multiples?

Edited to add; I just read that the line was actually buried by it's second case assortment, not it's first. So the first was probably pretty heavy on Indy. Still, he would be the most popular character......

Comment

• Werewolf
            Inhuman
            • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
            IEdited to add; I just read that the line was actually buried by it's second case assortment, not it's first. So the first was probably pretty heavy on Indy. Still, he would be the most popular character......

From what I remember, The first assortment was kind of blink and you missed it. And, yes, the second wave was an absolute massive avalanche of peg warmers. I remember digging through huge bins of Indy figures at Kaybee trying to find the single Indy and Marion figures buried at the bottom.
            You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bravestarr
              Museum Super Collector
              • Mar 26, 2017

Love this toy line

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Kenner's case assortment problems also contributed to Super Powers early demise. Cases full of Penguin?

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Kenner's case assortment problems also contributed to Super Powers early demise. Cases full of Penguin?

Chris
                  I remember that Kenner had tested the toys and believed the Flash would be the best selling character. It seems weird they wouldn't look at comic sales or the fact that the other characters had been on TV for decades.

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

I did not know that about Flash. That explains all the peg warming Flash figures I saw as kid. For many years I thought Flash and Darkseid were going to a permanent fixture at Kaybee.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

Other than Darkseid, I don't recall any SP figures pegwarming around here, but I read enough articles and sales lists in early Toy Shops and Tomarts to know it was prevalent in other parts of the country. You could get Flash in a baggie for pennies, practically.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• Klosterheim
                        Persistent Member
                        • Mar 23, 2013

A wonderful toy line. I think The Well of Souls playset has the R2D2 hieroglyph on it, ha!, ha!, ha!

What was really great was the display of Indy figures' 99 cents sale at Children's Palace!

(They were close to all the Star Trek: The Motion Picture action figures)

Comment

• Bantha5
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • May 2, 2013

One of the great toy lines. I don't regret many of the items I've sold in the past, but selling my loose complete Indy set still stings.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎