Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heroes Accessories and other Mego Factory Closeouts.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

Heroes Accessories and other Mego Factory Closeouts.

I think this would be a good reference thread to post Mego factory closeouts and others like Captain Action, 6 Million Dollar Man, and even Lone Ranger.
    I recently picked up this figure dressed in Mego Star Trek jacket and KO Captain Action Batman boots molded in red. Notice boots have not been trimmed of flash at top. If anyone has pics of MIP Logan's Run figures it would be cool to see them here too. As well as anything that could help identify Mego Factory Close outs.
    IMG_0924 (2) by edtime5, on Flickr
    Here is an pic of the same figure MIP with Mego Captain America figure.Pic is not mine. I like the black boots better if anyone has an extra pair for sale/trade let me know. Any ideas about the pants? It looks like there are many combos for these figures
    13524553_1112731002133020_6133493337754251357_n by edtime5, on Flickr
    Bionic Woman shirt with KO Captain Action boots again. If anyone has a pic with Bionic Man uniform I'd like a pic. I passed on buying them too many years back because they had moth type holes in the red tracksuit and the 6MDM sticker was loose in package..There is also a KO with this figure dressed in a White shirt and black vest like Han Solo floating around out there. Love the KO Star Wars art on card!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz by edtime5, on Flickr
    New Found Captain Action UK figure with blow molded dummy body style. Ebay pic.
    s-l500 by edtime5, on Flickr
    HEROES ACCESSORIES with Captain America figure in background possible on wrong figure?
    IMG_1203 by edtime5, on Flickr
    MIP Mego clothes Factory Closeouts with KO Captain Action Accessoires
    8220_1 by edtime5, on Flickr
    Last edited by Neutron X; Oct 11, '17, 9:44 PM.
  • Confessional
    Maker & Whatnot
    • Aug 8, 2012

Great idea! Love seeing KO mash-ups; thanks for sharing!

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Ewww I can kick in on this one.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
        Ewww I can kick in on this one.
        Great figure! Cool pic! I hope one day to find this one. I was a big Logan's Run fan back when it was on TV and I remember seeing the news about them all them being destroyed. So glad some of them made it out of the bin. Finding this would be like winning the toy lottery to me.

My understanding is a few of the uniforms on some of the KO figures were aborted toy lines from other toy companies. I know some are wearing (Knock Off?) Micheal Jackson clothes, possible Lone Ranger expansion line, Gem figures dressed, and ????

Comment

• libby 1957dog
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 3, 2009

thought id add these guys

i got these as a lot from a uk dealer costumes and 4 blow molded cap action dummies as full figures ,due too the light wieght and the way they display and fit the suits i couldnd resist useing up some repro boxes ive had forever lol

i love them ,just need belts and im set

though out of all the hero suits in this find non bar phantom had belts so maybe they were sold as just mask ,suits and boots sets in the main

Comment

• libby 1957dog
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 3, 2009

heres the rest of the find ,guys keeping the buck outfit but im getting most of the rest plus buck blow molded figure ,seller claims they were a attic find and this was all together in a bag ,seller claims no prior knowledge of captain action ,so i feel confident this is not a "plant ",the loose figures head is a gi joe knock off i remember being around late 1960s to the mid 1970s
            ,but it raises as many questions than answers
            looks like some of the rarer figures were sold this way ie hornet and buck

again supposition on my part but i see no belts for supes or bats or captain america or weapons ,so were they just basic suit mask and boot sets in the main ,although buck seems pretty complete and phantom and tonto have gun belts ,or did the kid that originally own them just lose them

id love to know more about these ,its hard to think that stuff this good and well made was disposed of in such a dollar store way

plus i love the way they display the outfits and back in the repro boxes they have that old timey found in the back of a old toy store look and feel

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by libby 1957dog
              plus i love the way they display the outfits and back in the repro boxes they have that old timey found in the back of a old toy store look and feel
              They look fantastic in the repro boxes! Old toy store feel all the way.

Comment

• Neutron X
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 22, 2007

WOW! Congratulations on your win! Those figures look great in boxes! You could sew Krypto and the other odd bits around the figures if you want to to fill in the holes. I wonder if they sold the other Captain Action accessories separately? I wish we could find some MIP examples of these figures. The hunt goes on!

Question about Buck Rogers bib, mine has black trim around red triangle the one in picture doesn't? Variation?

Knock Off head looks to be G.I.Fighting Ace by Shillman. Gotta love using the Captain Action head mold with new hair line,sideburns
                and painted eyes.

Does anyone else have any 1st series Heroes Accessories figures? All the ones I purchased loose from the UK had the blow molded Flash Gordon head with no paint and a vintage Captain Action mask over the head. I'm wondering if they all came like that? The Batman and Flash Gordon came this way.
                Last edited by Neutron X; Jun 16, '17, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 3, 2009

thank mate it was a great find but expensive lol
                  the guy that bought it all from the original seller has kept the buck outfit ,but the red neckerchief does have the black trim ,but its come unattached ,you can see it in the right hand side of the red ,

heres the hornet i got give him a original hat and holster ,not sure about the gun ,no melt marks so probably playing mantis, or the shoes

as i said it was expensive but i couldn't pass it up cos when are you gonna see another lot like this right lol

ive overextended myself more than a little so may need to sell hornet on to recover some of my outlay ,any interested parties feel free to pm and register their interest

anyone know michael eury

Comment

• Neutron X
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 22, 2007

libby 1957dog: Expensive but worth it IMHO. Such a cool find! Great looking figure! I like the look of the KO figure with the big shoulders. PM on way.

Here are some more Factory blowout pics. I think these pics are from Mego Museum/Ebay?There is also a version with girl wearing POTA clothes.
                    Fashion Dolls dressed in Mego + Charlie's Angels clothes.
                    bonnie by edtime5, on Flickr4171 by edtime5, on Flickr
                    4172 by edtime5, on Flickr
                    Heroes Accessories Mystery Figure.Villain? Clothes are Mego Cher.
                    CIMG7887 by edtime5, on Flickr
                    Last edited by Neutron X; Oct 11, '17, 9:51 PM.

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Great pics, I love this stuff!

Comment

• Neutron X
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 22, 2007

Good news! I fixed all the pics that had broken links! This thread is now a viable reference again.

Comment

• Neutron X
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 22, 2007

Dreams do come true!!!! I found the Logan's Run Sandman shirt and cobbled together a figure using JJ Arms body and Lone Ranger head till I can find a 9in Mego body, boots, and resin head. This is why I enjoy the KO stuff so much it's like the Wild West of collecting. You never know exactly what's out there and that is part of the fun! This figure I am using is taller than Mego but thin enough not to stretch the shirt.
                          IMG_1651 (2) by edtime5, on Flickr

Comment

• Neutron X
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 22, 2007

Here is an updated pic now on Mego body. I think it looks so much better on a Mego body.
                            IMG_1766 (2) by edtime5, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎