X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

RIP Adam West

For many fans, actor Adam West was and will always be Batman. And it's with a heavy heart that we report that West has died at the age of 88. He died
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • comicmike
    Persistent Member
    • Sep 22, 2009

I'm sad today

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

My first hero is gone. And despite some other great performers, if you strip away all the layers of Bat-stuff in my mind, West is STILL Batman to me.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 20, 2011

I think Adam West's Batman is so beloved and holds the mark as most people's Batman because, unlike cinematic Batmen, we invited Adam West's Batman into our homes and lives every week and he became sort of a member of each of our collective families, his morality, bravery and, yes, even humour, seeing us through good times and bad. That's a heckuva good legacy to leave behind. RIP, Mr. West, you may be gone, but your memory will always be a part of us...
        sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I wrote this for the intro for our latest episode of Batman: Knightcast. I feel like I summed up what Adam West meant to me personally pretty succinctly, which is unusual for me.

"This episode of Batman: Knightcast is dedicated to the memory of Adam West. As children, he taught us what it meant to be a hero. As adults, he reminded us not to take ourselves too seriously.
          His Bat-signal no longer shines in this world, but his daring do remains forever in our hearts and minds, same Bat-Time, same Bat-channel."

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

Chris you jerk, you made me cry. A beautiful eulogy.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I wrote this for the intro for our latest episode of Batman: Knightcast. I feel like I summed up what Adam West meant to me personally pretty succinctly, which is unusual for me.

"This episode of Batman: Knightcast is dedicated to the memory of Adam West. As children, he taught us what it meant to be a hero. As adults, he reminded us not to take ourselves too seriously.
              His Bat-signal no longer shines in this world, but his daring do remains forever in our hearts and minds, same Bat-Time, same Bat-channel."

Chris
              Nicely said, Chris.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 20, 2011

Very nicely said, fellow Chris!
                sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• knight errant00
                  8 Inch Action Figure
                  • Nov 15, 2005

My thoughts: https://www.facebook.com/PatrickDors...67113273335799

I'm glad I was able to get two of my most treasured collectibles from him:
                  Adam West Signed.jpg IMG_20170207_074357347_HDR.jpg

Thanks, Mr. West. Godspeed on your last climb up the batrope.
                  Last edited by knight errant00; Jun 11, '17, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                    The Man of Many Voices
                    • Aug 30, 2005

Adam West will forever be MY Batman. I was a child from the 1970's and even though Adam is best known for portraying Batman on the live TV series and movie of 1966, he also added to the legacy as Batman in voice over for animation. While I am acknowledging Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders last year, I want to remind Adam West fans not to overlook the New Adventures of Batman by Filmation in 1977 (where I was first introduced to Batman at the age of 5) and he also took over voicing Batman in the last two seasons of the Super Friends during the Super Powers Era in 1984 and 1985. I was blessed to have met Adam West twice and at age 88, he lived a good, full life. If Batman's costume is blue and grey regardless of how short or long the ears and cape are, it is Adam West who comes into my mind. Farewell Adam West, you will be truly missed. R.I.P. :(

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I had other projects on my drawing desk yesterday, but I couldn't help myself and quickly banged this out. I know Adam West lived a long and good life, and he knew how much the world loved him. But my not-so-inner child demanded I acknowledge the passing of our hero. For me, in some ways, he took a bit of Batman with him.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

You did it again. Very nice.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Brown Bear
                          Still Old School
                          • Feb 14, 2008

Awesome drawing Chris. I saved that pic to keep. Beautiful
                          Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                            Talkative Member
                            • Jun 20, 2011

Great rendering, sir. Truly, a picture is worth a thousand words and your drawing expresses what I feel millions of people worldwide are unable to put into said words...

Comment

• knight errant00
                              8 Inch Action Figure
                              • Nov 15, 2005

Well done, Chris.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡