Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darklord1967
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2008

I am heartbroken. RIP Mr. West. The world is a little bit less special now that the Bat-Signal has called you home permanently.
    I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

I was wondering why the thread in the comics section was so bare. Go there for more thoughts on our childhood hero.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

I very nearly grieved and maybe kind of did so. I am so thankful the Blu-rays and toys got out of litigation hell. I bought so many Batman 66' things and continue to do so. And am still delving into his film's past having watched Robinson Crusoe On Mars, while enjoying his presence on modern things.

Comment

• ODBJBG
          Permanent Member
          • May 15, 2009

Make sure to dig up the pilot for Lookwell if you want to see West at his best.

Comment

• VintageMike
            Permanent Member
            • Dec 16, 2004

This one hurts but I'm glad he did not have a lengthy struggle and I'll look at certain things fondly. He was also doing appearances almost to the end, at least up until last year. Chances are if you wanted to meet him/get his autograph you did. To me, that's something he left behind that will live on for the fans. I'm glad the '66 stuff got resolved before his passing. Finally we've got one more peice of work coming from him, The second Batman '66 animated movie. On a personal/collecting note getting him, Yvonne Craig, Frank Gorshin and Julie Newmar early on inspired me to expand that portion of my autograph collection with such a solid base. I feel like I've amassed something truely special in that regard and it just wouldn't be the same if I hadn't got West so early on.

Comment

• Hedji
              Citizen of Gotham
              • Nov 17, 2012

I'm gutted. Found out while at a convention, and it felt like a punch to the stomach.

Before I liked anything else we tend to talk about here, I liked Batman.

Things I am thankful for:

- Meeting him a few years ago at Niagara Falls
              - Having the Blu Ray set that came with the "Adam West Naked" disc where it's Adam, being Adam, recounting thoughts on each episode.
              - Being in a position to "Be" Batman, anytime I feel like putting on the suit

and maybe most importantly, I'm thankful that Adam led a full, and ultimately satisfying life. He aged very gracefully, and seemed incredibly happy and thankful for his life. I'm sad because a part of my childhood is gone now, but so happy that he will probably be the Batman that everyone remembers most, with warmth, fondness, and a smile.

Comment

• Boy_Wonder_1978
                Career Member
                • Apr 30, 2015

Just found out about this. How very sad. RIP Adam.

What an icon.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                  The Man of Many Voices
                  • Aug 30, 2005

Batman Filmation VS Hanna Barbera.jpg Farewell Adam West. You will always be MY Batman, not only in live action, but also in voice. From the Batman Tv series and movie of 1966 to my first exposure to Batman in 1977 in Filmation's The New Adventures of Batman, to the 1979 Legends of the Super Heroes TV Specials to the last two seasons of the Super Friends by Hanna Barbera, during what I call the Super Powers era, to the Grey Ghost on Batman: The Animated Series to Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders in 2016.
                  You will be sorely missed. R.I.P. :(

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                    Career Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015

RIP

Respect.

Comment

• Allie Fox
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 1, 2009

On NYC they dim the lights on Broadway as a sign of respect.

In LA, they shine the light. . . signal!

Bat Signal to shine at Los Angeles City Hall tonight

If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

I guess we knew this day would come but it doesn't make it any easier. West's and Leonard Nimoy's passing two years ago was very sad and surreal.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

DVR'ed Outer Limits Invisible Enemy from Sat Night Me TV ....

Saving it for a nice quiet Friday

Comment

• Bravestarr
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • Mar 26, 2017

RIp Mr WEST

Comment

• Steeler80
                              Mayor of Strunk
                              • Jun 29, 2001

Like a lot of us, he was my main introduction into the world of Batman when I was a kid and his Batman was in reruns. I'd come home from school every day and was glued in front of the television while it was on. I took it deadly serious then and have learned to appreciate the camp aspects since. I met him at a convention and, while I didn't chat with him long, he was very cordial and it was extremely cool to hear that "voice" in person.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎