Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

Devastated by this. So so sad right now. Not too many celebrity deaths affect me like this. Wow.
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• enyawd72
      Maker of Monsters!
      • Oct 1, 2009

My childhood hero is gone...I'm devastated right now. I really believed he'd live forever.

The bat signal just got a lot dimmer...

Comment

• Ivaniski
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 24, 2007

My All-time favorite Batman.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Hector
          West was indeed a childhood hero...and owe many thanks to him...and would like to express my condolences to his family...and also to fellow fans around the world. But just to be respectfully honest, Nimoy had more of an impact on me personally. So as much as West's passing pains me as a fan...Nimoy's passing had more of an impact on me. I apologize if I sound like I'm choosing sides, I'm not...just had to address your post in that respect. But no one can disagree, both West and Nimoy had that much of an impact on all of us here.

RIP, Mr West...
          S'okay, Hec. I mean really Adam West and Leonard Nimoy were both pop culture touchstones, both of them spawning massive fan followings and becoming more beloved as time went by. Both will be missed equally (and I will admit that, like you, Nimoy's passage had more of an emotional impact on me, personally) by fans all across the world for it's likely we will never have actors, or the characters played by those actors, pass this way again...
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

OMG! Batman is...dead. I can't believe it. Adam West was always the definitive Batman to me. I'm glad I go to meet him at Wondercon years ago. He was very nice. And I missed the last reunion of the remaining cast of San Jose Comic Con in April. Watching Batman will never be the same. RIP Adam West. You are loved and will be greatly missed.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

No Adam West, no Mego success as a major toy retailer. I really believe that's true. We owe him so much.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                No Adam West, no Mego success as a major toy retailer. I really believe that's true. We owe him so much.
                I believe that 100% along with The Adventures of Superman, Spider-Man 67, the Marvel 67 toons and the Super friends I don't think Mego would have gotten the WGSH line off the ground. They were my gateway drugs to comic books and these characters. West's Batman (along with George Reeves) stuck with me to this day.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• hobub
                  Ghost of a Dead Indian
                  • Jun 18, 2001

Complete bummer. Rest In Peace. Batman is the reason I started collecting Megos in the first place. I used to watch the reruns daily as a child.
                  Last edited by hobub; Jun 10, '17, 6:05 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    I believe that 100% along with The Adventures of Superman, Spider-Man 67, the Marvel 67 toons and the Super friends I don't think Mego would have gotten the WGSH line off the ground. They were my gateway drugs to comic books and these characters. West's Batman (along with George Reeves) stuck with me to this day.
                    Filmation DC toons, too--also West-inspired.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 10, 2009

West, like Nimoy and Shatner, were icons for so long because they were breakouts of their TV generation, which just happened to be TV's most consequential period as that's when it reshaped pop culture away from the theater, (film and play). Consider how many dramas and sitcoms were on, and these brief genre characters had more impact than any western or soap opera because of their value to syndication. Amazing.

Comment

• hobub
                        Ghost of a Dead Indian
                        • Jun 18, 2001

I felt the same back in 2011 when James Arness passed at the same age. Hard to accept.
                        Originally posted by enyawd72
                        My childhood hero is gone...I'm devastated right now. I really believed he'd live forever.

The bat signal just got a lot dimmer...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I was crushed when I heard this news today. I said to my wife, another childhood hero gone. RIP and thank you for making me believe in heroes

Comment

• YoungOnce
                            Career Member
                            • Aug 29, 2007

Very sad as my childhood heroes start leaving. My cousin texted me and told me. He's down at the Magic Kingdom in Disneyworld for a wedding and said he was riding It's A Small World when the folks in front of him started talking about the news of his death. He and I grew up on the Batman series and as a kid, when I played with my Batman Megos, it was his Batman that I was emulating.

He said it was surreal to be on such a happy ride and yet he felt so sad.

Comment

• ScottA
                              Original Member
                              • Jun 25, 2001

This is a tough one. You will be missed for sure.
                              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• fallensaviour
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 28, 2006

Rest in peace Mr West,thanks for all the memories.
                                “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎