Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Black Panther Movie Poster and Teaser Tonight...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
    Deadpool has hip hop in the movie too.
    Salt-N-Pepa!!

Yeah - I was even just looking at the Marvel/Disney, but yeah, for the Fox stuff even Logan uses some hip-hop.
    Last edited by Brazoo; Oct 21, '17, 1:35 AM.

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by MRP
      Hip hop became mainstream by the end of the 90s, it's not limited to any one culture, it is pretty much just another form of pop music for a mass audience now.

I thought it was a brilliant trailer, well conceived and executed with everything in it just about pitch perfect. If the movie is as good as the trailer, it just may be my favorite Marvel movie.

-M
      Hate quoting myself, but, there's even a Smithsonian anthology of hip-hop in the works, exploring the 40 year history of it, which they are kickstarting now

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...m_content=love

which really only goes to show how mainstream it has become (and I am not a huge fan of hip hop, there's some stuff I like and a lot I don't, but there's no denying the impact it has had on the mass culture).

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Not a huge fan of any of the characters featured in the trailer. I loved seeing Black Panther in Civil War... but a solo movie? The reviews will have to be very highly positive to get me out there.

That said: The Black Panther trailer looks and sounds incredible.... but just like the Wonder Woman trailers (especially the first one), there's no sign in there that there's an interesting story happening beneath all that sizzle.

Admittedly, Wonder Woman actually ended up being a notably strong offering... but, it was such, not because the story was all that wonderful, but because of the integrity of the quality of the simple story and charming performances which reflected the integrity of the engaging wit/action of its trailer.

Hopefully Black Panther will possess the same level of integrity.
          Last edited by huedell; Nov 13, '17, 3:29 AM.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• MRP
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 19, 2016

New international trailer for this dropped today. There's a few new bits in there.

-M
            "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

This movie comes out in theaters on February 16th, and the DVD will be in the Walmart bargain box by the summer.

Looks like it will be just another action hero movie with explosions and special effects but this time with the added hip hop and gangster rap music, yes it will appeal to some, but I believe it will go the way of BvsS, this of course is JMHO.

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Hector
                Millions of white kids love hip hop...you guys are just set in your ways old foggies.
                Millions have since both Aerosmith and the Beastie Boys helped aid its crossover back when i was in junior high.... that said, anyone calling the Black Panther music "hip hop" seems like an outdated mindset individual to me, as that music sounds more dubstep than hip hop to my ears... but that may be my own out of touch brain thinking for me.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Brazoo
                  Permanent Member
                  • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by huedell
                  that music sounds more dubstep than hip hop to my ears... but that may be my own out of touch brain thinking for me.
                  I completely agreed with you, to me it sounded like dubstep with hip-hop vocal samples on top, but I didn't know what it was.

Turns out it's a Vince Staples track. I've been playing a bit of catchup with him lately. Cool stuff! Very dance influenced and he's a very interesting guy.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎