Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Black Panther Movie Poster and Teaser Tonight...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Hector
    Brainwashing does not clear you from killing.

Under the law of the land...our land...America...Winter Soldier/Bucky should stand trail and pay for his crimes...as I said, brainwashed or not...murdering is murdering...
    Sorry, but you're wrong on this one. I can guarantee if he were to stand trial and it were proved he was brainwashed and not in control of his actions he would be acquitted. I guarantee it.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

You guarantee it? I need proof, not personal guarantees.

I have a few examples...

Look no further than the Mason family. Charles Manson definitely brainwashed everyone of his disciples...every single one of them got life...

Other cult members killing...you are serving time, period.

Jim Jones bodyguards.

Members of terrorists groups like ISIS, disciples of Bin Laden, etc...all brainwashed, all killers, they get caught, jail.

The fact that Winter Soldier/Bucky is a fictional superhero...is influencing you in a different direction...but it doesn't work like that in real life.

Heck, Patty Hearst herself was beatened, knocked unconscious, and kidnapped at 19 years of age by the SLA, brainwashed by them. Went on a series of crime sprees. Hearst was convicted of bank robbery and using a firearm during a felony...despite her not personally killing anyone, she was given the maximum sentence possible of 35 years imprisonment pending a reduction at final sentence hearing, it was reduced, yet still served 7 years.

It doesn't have to be necessarily imprisonment...but mental facilities as well.

Perhaps Bucky being a super special case, being from a different era, war hero, etc...he might avoid prison...but he would definitely be held accountable regardless, might be in the form of a long stay at a hospital.

I showed you some samples...now show me yours...people who have been brainwashed and killed someone...and were pardon without serving any time.
      Last edited by Hector; Jun 11, '17, 1:02 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

^Boy you do like to argue don't you?

I don't need to cite any examples.

I stand by my previous statement...if it were PROVED in a court of law that Bucky Barnes was not in control of his own mind and was FORCED to kill against his will, he would not be found guilty of any crime. That's how our judicial system works.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

I don't like to argue...I like to provide valid documented examples...you did not...
          Last edited by Hector; Jun 11, '17, 4:17 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

But if, as you say, I like to argue, well my friend...look at the mirror yourself...you are no innocent bystander...
            Last edited by Hector; Jun 11, '17, 4:16 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• TrekStar
              Trek or Treat
              • Jan 20, 2011

Some investigative historians believe Lee Harvey Oswald was brainwashed into assassinating Kennedy, he spent time in Russia so who knows? Hitler brainwashed an entire nation and look what happend.

If you haven't seen the movie the Manchurian Candidate (Frank Sinatra) you should check it out, great movie.

Comment

• phil
                Persistent Member
                • May 11, 2007

Back on topic. For a teaser trailer it's not bad. I agree that the poster is nothing special.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

Mini-poster that was given away, at SDCC this year...

Why do I feel like I should be looking at this in the good old "black light" section of posters at Spencer's Gift Shop? Better question would be why does a character called the Black Panther require neon blue highlights? That would be kind of like Batman deciding to throw some bright yellow LEDs onto his suit...
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                    Mini-poster that was given away, at SDCC this year...

Better question would be why does a character called the Black Panther require neon blue highlights?.

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brazoo
                      Permanent Member
                      • Feb 14, 2009

You guarantee it? I need proof, not personal guarantees.

I have a few examples...
                      I'm not a psychologist or an expert in any related field (and I'm not a lawyer) but I do find this topic interesting. I think you both make decent points, but I think the one issue that's being skipped over is that in real life brainwashing doesn't exist.

I don't think anyone has been able to really prove that mind control is real, and I don't think the scientific community believes in it. Certainly not like Bucky was brainwashed, so as far as I know that's pure sci-fi.

Obviously you can influence and lie to someone, but I don't know how far that would get a person with a jury. The subject is still in control of their actions, even if they believe something false, or they're confused. My guess is it probably just comes down to what a jury thinks and the circumstances. Hector had some great examples of how jury's took that defense in the past --- it doesn't seem to work on them.

I believe there are some legal caveats when you have to take mental capacity and mental competency into account - like obviously we don't believe children or people with mental disorders are as accountable for their choices if someone is influencing them.

In any case, I think it's hard to argue about what would happen in a fictional reality - but I guess if Bucky went to trial for his crimes and he could prove that Hydra used advanced brainwashing tech on him, and took into account the mental abuse and possible brain damage from experimentation, maybe he could get a jury to find him not guilty. Who knows?

Comment

• Brazoo
                        Permanent Member
                        • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Tony Stark created Ultron...who killed people. Maybe he and Bucky should be cell mates?
                        Another good one! If someone creates an AI and that AI commits murder who is legally responsible?

I'm starting to think that I could watch an entire Marvel series done as a courtroom drama trying to sort these legal questions out.

Comment

• Brazoo
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 14, 2009

You know darn well muli-billionaires don't serve time...

I agree - but maybe the jury on the civil suit case would hang him out to dry?

Comment

• WannabeMego
                            Made in the USA
                            • May 2, 2003

New Trailer

Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• comicmike
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 22, 2009

Friggin' awesome new trailer

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Holy smokes, that's one of the best trailers I've ever seen!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎