Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Black Panther Movie Poster and Teaser Tonight...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I loved the rich vivid colors, the visuals are stunning, action-sequences are boss...I even liked the music, it fit the theme perfectly.
    sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Looks great. I don't know much past the basics about the character, but I see Klaw and what appears to be several other foes--plus some great cinematic variant costumes, too.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• fallensaviour
        Talkative Member
        • Aug 28, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
        Under the law of the land...our land...America..Superman should stand trail and pay for his crimes...as I said.....
        murdering is murdering...
        Remember that time he killed Zod....lol
        Lock him up!!!
        “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• Bruce Banner
          HULK SMASH!
          • Apr 3, 2010

Looks great!
          But the music annoys the **** out of me.
          PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
            Looks great!
            But the music annoys the **** out of me.
            Agreed. The visuals, designs and cinematography are all outstanding, but the music annoys the cRAP outta me, too. If this is being marketed as a way to bring black characters to a wider, more diverse audience, why stereotype it with rap music? I don't recall any of the other MCU releases having rap music as an accompaniment, so using it with a black character and largely black cast seems like the very definition of stereotyping. Tribal music or something similar would've been pretty cool, but the whole gangsta vibe of the music ghettoizes the movie, IMHO.
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              Agreed. The visuals, designs and cinematography are all outstanding, but the music annoys the cRAP outta me, too. If this is being marketed as a way to bring black characters to a wider, more diverse audience, why stereotype it with rap music? I don't recall any of the other MCU releases having rap music as an accompaniment, so using it with a black character and largely black cast seems like the very definition of stereotyping. Tribal music or something similar would've been pretty cool, but the whole gangsta vibe of the music ghettoizes the movie, IMHO.
              Just so I'm clear, this is a movie about a black hero and a black nation and mostly black characters, and you're unhappy because the trailer uses HUGELY POPULAR hip-hop music sampling, which you feel "stereotypes" blacks and "ghettoizes" the movie. Instead you would have preferred "tribal music".

DEAR LORD.

Comment

• Brazoo
                Permanent Member
                • Feb 14, 2009

A lot of the vocal samples were from Gil Scott-Heron's recording of his poem "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" from 1970. The recording was hugely influential on evolution of rap/hip-hop.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I loved the music in this trailer, especially the sampling.

It's the opposite of the Pacific Rim 2 trailer for me.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Sideshow Spock
                    Just so I'm clear, this is a movie about a black hero and a black nation and mostly black characters, and you're unhappy because the trailer uses HUGELY POPULAR hip-hop music sampling, which you feel "stereotypes" blacks and "ghettoizes" the movie. Instead you would have preferred "tribal music".

DEAR LORD.
                    Agreed. Yes, dear lord.

No one batted an eye when Thor Ragnarok trailer played Led Zeppelin...and I'm sure many non rockers could care less about them too. Thor, blond long haired dude with Led Zep in the background. Stereotyping too if you are going by that logic.

I'm not into hip hop at all...but I thought that music was boss with the subject matter.

A black superhero lead with a mostly black cast...heck yeah hip hop is appropriate.

What were you expecting...a Black Panther trailer with Celine Dion music?

Last edited by Hector; Oct 17, '17, 9:53 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Millions of white kids love hip hop...you guys are just set in your ways old foggies...

sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Hector
                        Millions of white kids love hip hop...you guys are just set in your ways old foggies...

Hip hop became mainstream by the end of the 90s, it's not limited to any one culture, it is pretty much just another form of pop music for a mass audience now.

I thought it was a brilliant trailer, well conceived and executed with everything in it just about pitch perfect. If the movie is as good as the trailer, it just may be my favorite Marvel movie.

-M
                        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Agreed ^^^^^^^^
                          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

One of the best rappers is Eminem...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Brazoo
                              Permanent Member
                              • Feb 14, 2009

I honestly don't even get how the music in this trailer sounds much different than the music in other Marvel trailers. I just re-watched Ragarok and Homecoming trailers again - both have heavy bass-driven electronic rhythmic music - very similar. Homecoming makes heavy use of use of a hip-hop track, the Ragnarok trailer is mainly a rhythmic synthy track. The biggest difference I hear is the vocal samples. Some of the 'uhs' and 'yeahs' sound like they're from old school hip-hop (I can't place them), and then there's all the vocal stuff from Gil Scott Heron.

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Deadpool has hip hop in the movie too.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎