X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

So much new stuff available!

Wow! The Mego Museum Newsletter is chock full of goodness this week!

darkbros post highlights that the new Batman vehicles are available and shipping next week. At $49.99 each, $139.99 for any three, $269.99 for all six, I think the prices are fine, but the other announcements and the fact that I still have my used black Batmobile and blue Batcycle, have put these on the backburner a bit...

..because Super Friends Series 5 is a now available for pre-order and shipping next week too! While I think the Super Friends line is okay, not quite great like the '66 Batman line, I am looking forward to some more villainy in the line-up. I think the line has improved since Series 1 (at least I think; as I open them all this weekend, i plan to post on that) and to get the de facto leader of the Legion of Doom will be nice.

But I am really starting to get behind. I still need Reverse Flash and Trickster, Poison Ivy, The Evil Super Friends, and I want the Mary Marvel which costume variant (which I wish the would make that costume in red and yellow). And I am trying to be patient and not get the Early Bird Superman because I know I will but the full set when that series is released. And I just want the head sculpt.

Exciting stuff from FTC today!

Great Newsletter too, as always. I love my Friday morning Inbox check!
  • jeffbearco
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2011

Has there been any mention on what other figures will be in the Superman wave that includes the new sculpt???

As for the Marvels, I'd rather have a gold trimmed version of Captain Marvel to go with Marvel Jr and Mary.

I am really tempted to get the black motorcycle. I've been wanting one of those for as long as I've been collecting Megos as an adult.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• jeffbearco
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2011

And I could definitely see customizing the blue cycle for a Captain America cycle.

I'd want a Bucky in the side car. hehehe

JeffBearCO

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
        And I could definitely see customizing the blue cycle for a Captain America cycle.

I'd want a Bucky in the side car. hehehe

JeffBearCO
        A lot of us who were waiting on the cycles to be released to be able to customize them will now just have to wait to see if they get parted on CTVT.
        There are so many custom cycles to make that at $50 a pop would be cost prohibitive.
        The good thing is that beater cycles on ebay will now go down, as the cost of a complete REPRO cycle would beat the price
        of most beater cycles all day, thus forcing sellers of beater cycles to lower their prices.
        I mean why pay $65 for a Black Batcycle with no sidecar, no seat, and one broken handlebar when you can get a complete REPO for $50?

at least FTC/CTVT is the type of manufacturer that they will try to get as much mileage out a product as they can.
        For that, we can be grateful.....
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• madmarva
          Talkative Member
          • Jul 7, 2007

I'm pleased with the price points on the Batmobile and Batcycle. I was expecting closer to $100 on them.

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by jeffbearco
            Has there been any mention on what other figures will be in the Superman wave that includes the new sculpt???

As for the Marvels, I'd rather have a gold trimmed version of Captain Marvel to go with Marvel Jr and Mary.

I am really tempted to get the black motorcycle. I've been wanting one of those for as long as I've been collecting Megos as an adult.

JeffBearCO
            Nothing on a new Superman wave; just a bad assumption on my part. Considering how they are trying to move out old Superman series,maybe this will part of a new modern JLA series or something. Not sure who is left from the Silver Age to make besides Parasite, perhaps a non-SF Brainiac (looks like the SF can pull double duty though) and maybe Jor-El and Lara. A updated Supergirl with new head sculpt would be cool too.

A gold trimmed Captain marvel would be cool, though I am fine with all of them in yellow because that is what I see in comic books. I just prefer the fully covered Mary Marvel outfit to the low cut version and the red outfit to the white. So, it's the perfect costume, but in the wrong color.

Comment

• Figure8
              Museum Patron
              • May 18, 2016

Has anyone got one of the Shazam gold variants? How do they look in hand - compared to the regular figures? I still need Marvel Jr and the variant would actually be cheaper. But I'm not sure I want it. With the Mattel Retro Shazam the golden parts didn't really work that well IMO.

Comment

• warlock664
                Persistent Member
                • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Figure8
                Has anyone got one of the Shazam gold variants? How do they look in hand - compared to the regular figures? I still need Marvel Jr and the variant would actually be cheaper. But I'm not sure I want it. With the Mattel Retro Shazam the golden parts didn't really work that well IMO.
                I have them; they're ok, but I'm not a fan of the gold. I actually want a corrected red Jr cape with yellow trim, rather than the gold.

Comment

• TrekStar
                  Trek or Treat
                  • Jan 20, 2011

Batmobile and Batcycle colors are sweet, love to see the same for a Batboat and Batcopter and hopefully a Green Arrow car as well.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2011

I'll probably get the Batcycle! I've always thought that was cool and was in scale with the figures. That Batmobile always looked way too small to me.

I had a Green Arrow car when I was a kid. I'd love to have one again in different colors. It was generic enough to make a decent looking car or jet for just about any figure.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Dayton43
                      • Jan 4, 2014

Just got off the phone with FTC, I ordered the Supefriends wave 6, but it looks like Sinestro didn't get sent and is on back order so they can't ship until he arrives
                      possibly by the middle of next week. bummer.

Comment

• Teemu
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2010

Originally posted by Dayton43
                        Just got off the phone with FTC, I ordered the Supefriends wave 6, but it looks like Sinestro didn't get sent and is on back order so they can't ship until he arrives
                        possibly by the middle of next week. bummer.
                        Would be nice that they tell us especially after billing us for the set already..

Comment

• Dayton43
                          • Jan 4, 2014

Agreed, they should also change the status of Sinestro to backorder so people know that he's not actually shipping at all right now

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎