• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pmwasson
    Maker
    • Sep 12, 2007

More Bill & Ted - Death

Saw this on Facebook:

For our next #SDCC reveal, Death comes calling...
    From Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey! Whether you call him the Duke of Spook, the Doc of Shock, or the Man with No Tan, Death is now a truly excellent 8" clothed action figure. Death stands 8” tall and features the authorized likeness of #WilliamSadler. The fully poseable figure has a mixed media fabric robe and cowl, and comes with a scythe accessory.
    Price: $35
    Limited edition of 1,000

Attached Files
    sigpic LaserMego
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Yes !!!!!!!!!!, ThankU Neca.

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Whoah, excellent!

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

Not a huge fan of the movie but that figure is awesome.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
          Often invisible
          • Jul 18, 2002

Is this for SDCC? I gotta try and get my hands on one. The Bill & Ted set is amazing!
          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

I never would have guessed a character like that, from that "sequel" level movie would make the cut.... that said: It's got going for it that it IS a pretty standard rendition of "Death" even outside of B&T.... and probably not too much investment as far as the "average"materials needed for such a figure.... and they don't even have to pay "Chevy" or "Sly" likeness licencing amounts for the actor.

(I just noticed that it's part of an affordable priced 1000 figure run... wow.... collecting action figures is getting WEIRD these days...in a good way--- it appears)
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by huedell
              (I just noticed that it's part of an affordable priced 1000 figure run... wow.... collecting action figures is getting WEIRD these days...in a good way--- it appears)
              Actually it's just simple economics, NECA is selling this exclusive themselves. There is no wholesaler, there is no retailer discount, rebate or markdown allowance. They're getting full pop for this, so they can spend a little more on the manufacturing side to get it done.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Yes, it's true...you sank my battleship!!! Love it!

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Random Axe
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Apr 16, 2008

Reaping burns many calories
                  I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• smonte00
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 19, 2005

Damn right!

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Up for sale and ordered, the shipping came to nearly 17 bucks within the USA, why?

NECA (National Entertainment Collectibles Association) is a leading creator, marketer, and global distributor of licensed consumer products based on some of the world’s most recognizable movies, video games, comic books, and pop culture.

Comment

• pmwasson
                        Maker
                        • Sep 12, 2007

Originally posted by alex
                        Up for sale and ordered, the shipping came to nearly 17 bucks within the USA, why?

https://thenecastore.com/
                        Sold-out
                        sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• melstapler
                          Museum Super Collector
                          • Aug 2, 2014

Death turned out well, the sculpt in the product photo is decent and I'm particularly fond of the clothing on this figure. Sculpt-wise, it's hard to tell from the photos, but I'll know for sure once it arrives.

Comment

• huedell
                            Museum Ball Eater
                            • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
                            Sold-out
                            Here's hoping you'll eventually nail one on the secondary market.

I appreciate palitoy's explanation for their ability to release a "sequel" character that's beloved and priced affordably (albeit limited)....

I was more a fan of the "Bogus" soundtrack than the movie (the last gasps of the prominent metal movement transitioning into alternative music).

Trivia: Maybe not everyone here knows that the actor that played Death (William Sadler) also played Colonel Stuart in Die Hard 2 and Heywood in The Shawshank Redemption.

I myself didn't know (til I checked Wikipedia) that Sadler had roles in the MCU (Iron Man 3, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
                            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                              Persistent Member
                              • Apr 28, 2013

To what Huedell said, above. Sadler is a Legend. I remember him in Tales from the Crypt, "Demon Knight", and his part in King' The Mist movie but he was the main character of David Dryden in the audiobook version, years before.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎