X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phil
    Persistent Member
    • May 11, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
    ^That incidental music later shows up on all of Filmation's 70s adventure cartoons including The New Adventures of Batman. I can still hear it rolling in my head.

Chris
    The music that plays during thoughtful or reflective scenes has been stuck in my head for decades.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Hear ya go ;.)

m

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
        Career Member
        • Jun 8, 2015

Makes you wonder why there HASN'T been a Star Trek Cartoon since???? You'd think Roddenberry Production would have done something by now???

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
          Muddling through
          • Oct 4, 2008

there was talk at one point, as I recall, but it never came to be

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
            there was talk at one point, as I recall, but it never came to be
            I'm not 100% sure but I think after it's below average ratings during it's first season STNTG was considered to be turned into a cartoon series.

After this fell through a few years later (early to mid 90's) another animated series was considered --- Star Fleet Academy with young versions of the Classic Crew.

Luckily this fell through as well

Comment

• YoungOnce
              Career Member
              • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I wouldn't mind seeing someone take the audio and re-animate some of the episodes, just to see what it would look like without budget and technology limitations of the time.

Chris
              I really think that idea is a winner.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

For me, the animated versions of "Star Trek" and "Return to the Planet of the Apes" (along with the live action "Planet of the Apes" TV show) were why I recognized the Mego versions. I was 5 when ST:TAS came out and it was a few years before I saw TOS in syndication so it WAS "Star Trek" to me for a while. It may not be "great", but it IS special. Those two properties also had comics and Power Records to keep them being the "thing" until "Star Wars" became all-consuming.

I bought a t-shirt with a still from The Animated Series on it and when I wear it, lots of folks comment about remembering the cartoon.

I see a locally produced feature on our local PBS Station about Russell Bates every once in a while. He's a fellow Oklahoman who wrote the ST:TAS episode "How Sharper Than A Serpent's Tooth" and "The Lights of Mystery Mountain" (Episode 1 of "Isis"). Mr. Bates talks about the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Children's Series that this series won. That's right....the only non-technical Emmy won by any incarnation of "Star Trek".

Last edited by Makernaut; Jun 23, '17, 8:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎