X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apes3978
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by Mikey
    I didn't see it yet but are you guys saying you think this movie is the last in a trilogy and no more will be made ?
    It's the end of the "Caesar Trilogy", that much is almost certain...

"War/POTA" is underperforming compared to the previous two, so who knows if this'll be the end of the line... I think it'll be awhile before there's a new one, if at all...

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Haven't seen it yet, but is it possible to say, without spoiling it, if it, in any way, could park itself near the original POTA as a prequel?
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        Haven't seen it yet, but is it possible to say, without spoiling it, if it, in any way, could park itself near the original POTA as a prequel?
        These new films have been touted as "prequels" in some articles, but I don't see them as such, at least not direct prequels to the original films... If they keep going with them, they may eventually lead to a "planet of apes" where apes are the dominant species, ruling over humanity, but will it be the same exact world/scenario as seen in POTA '68? Personally, I don't think they will and I hope they don't: I think it'd be a big mistake to try to remake the original film.

I look at these new films as their own entity/take on the APES name. There's too much different in them to make them direct prequels.

Comment

• apes3978
          Permanent Member
          • Nov 19, 2005

Just an FYI: "War/POTA" hits home video on October 24th.

Comment

• apes3978
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 19, 2005

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍