X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

^ I much prefer your mod, TR.

But damn, those floppy-ended belts! Couldn't FTC go with the same eye/hook style as Batman's utility belt? I don't expect my figures are going to need to let some space out after a buffet.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by TRDouble
      Thoughts?

And here is my experimentation tonight. My SF Superman is not the best to begin with, but it's still a good representation on how any Superman with a belt buckle suit would look with red shorts over them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20863[/ATTACH]

You can see the loops poking through, but it's not bad, if I decide that I want to use the shorts but keep the loops, just in case I change my mind.

this kinda gives it a Golden Age feel to it...which I love.
      I think this would be the best route and then like you said paint the loops onto the belt.
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        Ohh, its in the last pic that darkbros posted on behalf of gramercyplace. I just clicked on it to get it larger and see even more spots of blue, like its cracked already.
        Yeah I see it too..image11.jpeg.
        It's like who every screened these logos didn't take a Photographer's Loupe to it and check for the pinholes in the
        film before burning the screens.
        ( Sorry 12 years of t-shirt screen printing showing....)
        had they tightened that up ( and used a bit denser black ink)
        on their (suit) substrate it would have came out better...
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by rodkeith
          ^ I much prefer your mod, TR.

But damn, those floppy-ended belts! Couldn't FTC go with the same eye/hook style as Batman's utility belt? I don't expect my figures are going to need to let some space out after a buffet.
          The nice thing about the belts is that they are adjustable and once you get it the way you want, you can snip it down to size. If it wasn't for the extra length they add to the belts, I am not sure it would have fit around the waist with the extra trunks on.

I think the eye/hook belts are a nicer design overall, but if you get the length wrong, watch out! I point to the repro Batman utility belt and the first '66 Batman utility belt (R.I.P Adam West) as examples of belts that were too short.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

IMG_1145.jpg

Been tinkering with this one. I switched his boots out for the classic red ones and I removed his belt loops. For the belt loops I turned the suit inside out and carefully unraveled the threads holding the loops on. I like the belt much better this way.
            Attached Files

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

^Clever. :-) And resetting & resewing the loops will make a perfect suit. I may try it.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TrekStar
                Trek or Treat
                • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]20875[/ATTACH]

Been tinkering with this one. I switched his boots out for the classic red ones and I removed his belt loops. For the belt loops I turned the suit inside out and carefully unraveled the threads holding the loops on. I like the belt much better this way.
                Now this I like, much better, thanks Krypt0nite for sharing.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                  Permanent Member
                  • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by TRDouble
                  Thoughts?

And here is my experimentation tonight. My SF Superman is not the best to begin with, but it's still a good representation on how any Superman with a belt buckle suit would look with red shorts over them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20863[/ATTACH]

You can see the loops poking through, but it's not bad, if I decide that I want to use the shorts but keep the loops, just in case I change my mind.

And for comparison's sake (cropped from a group picture, so, sorry about the random hands!):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20864[/ATTACH]
                  Are those FTC red trunks? Looks great.

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    ^Clever. :-) And resetting & resewing the loops will make a perfect suit. I may try it.
                    I have another trick I use. I just cut little strips of red electrical tape and wrap them around the belt...and it looks like belt loops.
                    sigpic

Comment

• rodkeith
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 16, 2008

You guys are coming up with some great mod ideas! Should also work on the FTC Superboy as well...

Comment

• TRDouble
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                        Are those FTC red trunks? Looks great.
                        I think so! Hard to remember where I got them :-)

I like what Krypt0nite did though. If the main suit is good (I think my SF Superman is not), I think removing the belt loops looks great. And if not? Just throw some red trunks over them!

Classic boots look soooo much better than the thick boots. That's a definite mod when I do get him.

Thanks, Krypt0nite!

Comment

• scott metzger
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 9, 2007

Originally posted by darkbros
                          The head from the front looks great, but the side pics make it look really weird. the Left Profile and the right profile almost don't match?
                          Yeah, the head seems to be...squashed a bit...on the left. There's definitely something funky about it from an angle. Dead on front, it doesn't look bad. It is a little skinny front to back, but not to the outright deformed extent we've seen in some recent sculpts. I will say that I was disappointed overall, though; the sculpt is okay, but nothing really great. It seems somewhat...primitive...compared with some of the original sculpts we've had from FTC. I've had problems with the proportions and the skinny head syndrome, but my usual remarks are how good the head would be without those problems. This one is in quite good scale, and the head skinny isn't bad, but the sculpt itself is somehow lacking.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Well I agree that the head looks a little thin from the sides, the straight on view is enough to make me buy it. And I'm really please with head scale...it's not TOO BIG!
                            sigpic

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

I'm thinking this maybe the best Superman FTC has put out to date. Love the head sculpt!

Comment

• mego73
                                Printed paperboard Tiger
                                • Aug 1, 2003

I would love to couple that head with a classic Superman suit.

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎