Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I do like the regular hero boots better on him.

Comment

• darkbros
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 3, 2012

Our most awesome member Grammercyplace (Mike) just sent these pics of the new superman so we can now see how the head is:

" Hi Terry,
      I just busted out the new FTC Supes. I thought these images might help others making a buying decision. Overall, he looks pretty great! Ithe head is vey well proportioned the colors on the suit are brighter than the Super Friends version. I do wish they had gone with the Mego hero-boots though, to bring in the nostalgia factor.

Enjoy!
      -Mike"
      so without further ado.....

image 1
      package.jpg

image2
      Image-1.jpg

image3
      image33.jpg

image4
      image55.jpg
      Last edited by darkbros; Jun 9, '17, 11:21 PM. Reason: fix the crappy basic uploader that sucks
      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• darkbros
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 3, 2012

Continued

image 6
        image6.jpg

image 7
        image00.jpg

Image 8
        image88.jpg

image 9

image 10
        image22.jpg

The head from the front looks great, but the side pics make it look really weird. the Left Profile and the right profile almost don't match?
        and the suit with the belt problems would need to be replaced, as TRDouble has already found out.

I'm waiting for this one to be loose or just head only......I just.....wow...I'm speechless.....

again thanks to Mike for the pics!
        image11.jpg
        Last edited by darkbros; Jun 9, '17, 11:19 PM. Reason: fix the basic uploaders crappy uploading
        Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
        https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------
        "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Really not good, head looks great from the front, but those side shots really show the same flat head issue they have been having. And that costume... what a mess. Seams stretching, low belt and it looks like already some missing emblem. Great value for 30 bucks.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Krypt0nite
            Radioactive!
            • Feb 13, 2010

For what it's worth, the flatness isn't nearly as noticeable in person as it is in the pictures.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 23, 2012

I wouldn't say the head is flat, exactly...more like a tad taller than an original Mego sculpt. In person, it looks pretty good beside original Mego figures. The all-black Catwoman, however, is glaringly flat as a pancake. The purple Catwoman suffers from the same flatness, but the rooted hair camouflages the flaw effectively.
              Over the years, I've noticed that photos reveal a lot of flaws in the action figures that I photograph that The naked eye doesn't really catch in person, whether they're vintage or new. Such as paint application flaws, or discrepancies in color matching paints from one accessory to another, or tiny threads or pulls on suits, etc, etc. I guess this applies to humans as well, dim lighting is so much more agreeable.

Comment

• Ivaniski
                Persistent Member
                • Jun 24, 2007

What is it with FTC and this particular style of heads.....If it isn't too big it's too flat and non-well rounded. I noticed the same effects on the SF Green Lantern head.

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Thanks for the pictures, Gramercyplace and darkbros.

It's experimentation time for me. I wonder how Superman would look with red trunks on, over that bad sewn in belt loop trunks? The loops might have to be removed to make a good fit though. Then the belt over it at the right spot? If that works, then some red loops painted onto the belt and I think that makes for a very nice Superman figure!

It's just the belt area that bothers me, just like every belt looped Superman (or boy) costume they have made. The head looks fine to me, even if it isn't perfect from the sides. I don't see any missing parts of the emblem either. Which picture is that in? In the last close-up picture, the emblem looks fine to me.

I think I have some red trunks lying around (or any color will work for experimentation purposes). I think I will try this on the SF Superman figure this weekend.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^ I see a blue spot coming thru the emblem in the closeup shot. And yeah those belt loops. Its like no one that does those prototypes owns a pair of pants to see where belt loops are placed.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Ohh, its in the last pic that darkbros posted on behalf of gramercyplace. I just clicked on it to get it larger and see even more spots of blue, like its cracked already.

Comment

• Krypt0nite
                        Radioactive!
                        • Feb 13, 2010

The emblem turned out well in my figure. Only blatant thing on mine was smudges of black paint on his face, but acetone took care of that.

Comment

• Lexrules
                          • Apr 2, 2015

This is so much better then the garbage that was the Mattel figure. How people consider that scrawny figure that had terrible joints and a even worse looking suit compared to this is beyond me. I guess to each his own.
                          Last edited by Lexrules; Jun 10, '17, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Lexrules
                            • Apr 2, 2015

Originally posted by darkbros
                            Our most awesome member Grammercyplace (Mike) just sent these pics of the new superman so we can now see how the head is:

so without further ado.....

image 1
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20854[/ATTACH]

image2
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20840[/ATTACH]

image3
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20848[/ATTACH]

image4
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]20849[/ATTACH]
                            Looks good to me

Comment

• Mego Milk
                              Custom Mego Maker
                              • Jun 3, 2007

got mine today!

Comment

• TRDouble
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Mego Milk
                                got mine today!
                                Thoughts?

And here is my experimentation tonight. My SF Superman is not the best to begin with, but it's still a good representation on how any Superman with a belt buckle suit would look with red shorts over them:

FTC SF Superman with Red Shorts.jpg

You can see the loops poking through, but it's not bad, if I decide that I want to use the shorts but keep the loops, just in case I change my mind.

And for comparison's sake (cropped from a group picture, so, sorry about the random hands!):

FTC SF Superman.jpg
                                Last edited by TRDouble; Jun 10, '17, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎